Making A Tiny Parchment Bag

Decorating By luv2cook721 Updated 6 Aug 2009 , 4:25am by luv2cook721

luv2cook721 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
luv2cook721 Posted 5 Aug 2009 , 1:02pm
post #1 of 8

On Ace of Cakes I saw them using what looked like a tiny parchment bag to pipe details. Has anyone done this? How did you make the little bag? Just cut a small triangle? Is it easier to work with for detailing?

7 replies
PinkZiab Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
PinkZiab Posted 5 Aug 2009 , 1:48pm
post #2 of 8

Yes you take a triangle of parchment and form it into a cone and it works great for small details that don't need the precision of a tip (although you can put a piping tip in one, if you wish), they're especially handy when piping chocolate. You can make them out of wax paper, acetate, or cellophane as well.

Out of a single full-size sheet of parchment you can make 4 large (if you happen to be out of piping bags), 8 medium, or 16 small (perfect for fine detail or small piping jobs) triangles to make paper cornets for piping. If you don't want to cut your own triangles, packs of pre-cut parchment triangles are available at most cake decorating stores and websites, but I've never bought them because I always have tons of parchment sheets on hand.

MelissaMay Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MelissaMay Posted 5 Aug 2009 , 2:00pm
post #3 of 8

I was also wondering how they do this. It looks like it's easier to use than a big bag full of icing. My questions is how do you make the tip small?? I know how to make a parchment triangle, but how do you make it with an extra tiny tip to pipe fine details?? Thanks!!

FromScratch Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
FromScratch Posted 5 Aug 2009 , 2:06pm
post #4 of 8

you just snip a little off... the less you snip off the smaller the hole. I tend to put tips in them so I can have exact sizes. They are wonderful for scroll work and writing. icon_smile.gif

MelissaMay Posted 5 Aug 2009 , 2:17pm
post #5 of 8

Great! thanks for the "tip" icon_lol.gif

eatdessert1st Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
eatdessert1st Posted 5 Aug 2009 , 2:42pm
post #6 of 8

I found a link to show how to fold parchment into a bag:

http://www.the-wedding-information-site.com/paper-piping-bag.html

also quite a few videos on you tube. I have to have someone SHOW me how to do things as I'm a better visual learner.

I love the parchment triangles in a pack....I just cut the triangles in half, then in half again to make tiny bags. I always use scotch tape to keep the thing from unfolding as I haven't developed the knack of doing it like the pros dunce.gif

Melanie Mc.

MelissaMay Posted 5 Aug 2009 , 6:52pm
post #7 of 8

eatdessert1st,
Thank you for the links I see now how she made the point so tiny...perfect example! I learn so much better by seeing it too!
Thanks again

luv2cook721 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
luv2cook721 Posted 6 Aug 2009 , 4:25am
post #8 of 8

Very helpful! thanks for the video!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%