How Much Would You Charge/pay For This Cake?

Decorating By chillysmommy Updated 6 Aug 2009 , 3:45am by bejewelled

madgeowens Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
madgeowens Posted 5 Aug 2009 , 4:04pm
post #31 of 37

Well that is a massive amount of really good information. I for one will certainly use it. Didn't mean to hijack this post, but was very curious about this cake. The orinal poster is very talented and I agree with alll of you on that. I will have to quote a price like that in future just to see what happens lol. Maybe I will be shocked, who knows. They all love your cakes when they are free!

Jeniwin Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jeniwin Posted 5 Aug 2009 , 4:31pm
post #32 of 37

As I mentioned before, I have a bride who wants a huge custom cake, for $325. I quoted her a minimum of $500, plus more if she wants to add more elements. I didn't hear from her for a few days, then she asked if we could skip the fondant, and other details, and bring the price down, but still have it look the same. I had to explain how her "dream cake" would look vs. the lower budget design, and asked if she would still be happpy with it. After a few more days she came back with a $650 new budget, and wants the whole shabang!

I wonder if she shopped around and found that you just can't get a custom 4-tier as she wants for less. And I think I low-balled the price.

mrscromer Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mrscromer Posted 5 Aug 2009 , 4:31pm
post #33 of 37

WOW!!! I'm impressed, don't sell yourself SHORT!!!! I'd sell it for $350.00

diane Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
diane Posted 5 Aug 2009 , 4:50pm
post #34 of 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by HipnotiqGlamour

I would say waaay more than $100 thats to much work for such a little price. Dont sell yourself short your amazing!

oh yeah! that is way toooo low! I was thinking more in the range of $250.00 to $350.00! icon_wink.gif

madgeowens Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
madgeowens Posted 6 Aug 2009 , 3:17am
post #35 of 37

Thank all of you including original poster........I got mixed up and was posting on two very close posts...the other one got quite nasty, and I appreciate the input I got, and sorry again for hijacking a little from OP....I was just curious....after the nasty stuff in the other post I have decided to quit posting, so bye now...thanks again Madge

aquamom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
aquamom Posted 6 Aug 2009 , 3:42am
post #36 of 37

Hi regarding costs--I don't sell cakes but I do agree with those who charge on the higher end of prices. I live on the coast and have been to the midwest twice this summer. The costs for ingredients in the midwest aren't very different than what we are paying for on the coast. Value your skills and your art and your time.

bejewelled Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bejewelled Posted 6 Aug 2009 , 3:45am
post #37 of 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by patticakesnc

Quote:
Originally Posted by wily_kitt

I think a cake like that I would be inclined to say like $250. Just the cake portion alone I would think like $175. It's a wonderful cake!

Wily Kitt, I just smacked my laptop. Your avatar looked like a gnat on my screen! icon_lol.gif

Yup me too, I really thought it was on my screen!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%