This Is Tooo Funny.....if You Want A Laugh Please Read!!!!!!

Decorating By apetricek Updated 7 Aug 2009 , 3:16am by diane

apetricek Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
apetricek Posted 5 Aug 2009 , 12:12am
post #1 of 29

So we have a new superwalmart in my area.....my daughters and I were there shopping today....we walked by the "bakery department" and saw the funniest thing I think I have ever seen.....
They had a cart full of white buckets of "icing"....although the buckets were labelled "BUT-R-CREAM" yes just like that....ok my question is what the hell is that?????? I nearly fell on the floor laughing...I think this is the funniest thing I have seen in awhile...so they next time I get someone telling me I am tooo expensive, and they are going to go to walmart to get the cake, I will tell them....yeah I hope you enjoy that BUT-R-CREAM!!!

28 replies
Texas_Rose Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Texas_Rose Posted 5 Aug 2009 , 1:06am
post #2 of 29

There are lots of people on the forum who buy But-R-Cream at Sam's and use it on their cakes.

costumeczar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
costumeczar Posted 5 Aug 2009 , 1:08am
post #3 of 29

I saw the same tub at Sam's club, but it was But-R-Creme, even worse--no butter or real cream in that stuff. I also laughed really hard. But watch out, because I was going to say the same thing, there are people on here who discuss how delicious that stuff is! (If you like a mouthful of crisco, but that's not my idea of good, either.)

LaBellaFlor Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LaBellaFlor Posted 5 Aug 2009 , 1:22am
post #4 of 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by costumeczar

I saw the same tub at Sam's club, but it was But-R-Creme, even worse--no butter or real cream in that stuff. I also laughed really hard. But watch out, because I was going to say the same thing, there are people on here who discuss how delicious that stuff is! (If you like a mouthful of crisco, but that's not my idea of good, either.)

icon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gif I'll stick to my ACTUAL buttercream.

mom2spunkynbug Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mom2spunkynbug Posted 5 Aug 2009 , 1:22am
post #5 of 29

LOL! I know, I saw it at my Sam's Club too...But-R-Creme...geez, why don't they just throw the extra "t" on LOL!

But yeah, a lot of decorators use it & like it! That's what made me go over to my Sam's bakery dept to begin with! But then I saw their cakes and they had more air bubbles than I do...sooooo.... icon_rolleyes.gif

3GCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
3GCakes Posted 5 Aug 2009 , 1:27am
post #6 of 29

We use it in the cake classes I teach at school. We can't afford to make 28 pounds of icing for that price.

The kids love it. I prefer my white chocolate Italian Meringue, but the Sam's stuff works for our classes, and it's cheap.

One of the best "pipers" on here, Thanh Thanh, I think, uses it exclusively. SHe does some lovely stuff with it.

Mac Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Mac Posted 5 Aug 2009 , 1:29am
post #7 of 29

I use it with the kids cake decorating birthday parties that I do. Way cheaper than making my frosting for them to mess up. Because once they use it, the leftovers have to go in the trash...Health department regulations/rules.

lchristi27 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lchristi27 Posted 5 Aug 2009 , 1:50am
post #8 of 29

I think its funny! I've heard good things about the frosting, but no super walmarts anywhere near me. Maybe you should take a picture of it and send it to cakewrecks.com. She would love it.

Mensch Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Mensch Posted 5 Aug 2009 , 5:20am
post #9 of 29

BUT-R-CREME.

Sounds more like a hemorroid treatment than an edible product.

twooten173 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
twooten173 Posted 5 Aug 2009 , 5:39am
post #10 of 29

I don't like the stuff myself but it pipes nicely. I normally buy it when someone wants a lot of strong color - like red or black. I can see how kids would eat it.... most of them will eat anything! Sweet that is.

Lidunka25 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lidunka25 Posted 5 Aug 2009 , 6:15am
post #11 of 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mensch

BUT-R-CREME.

Oh Lord!!! icon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

apetricek Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
apetricek Posted 5 Aug 2009 , 3:31pm
post #12 of 29

I don't want to step on anyones toes, or insult anyone...I just thought it was hysterical! So if I upset anyone I apologize!!!!!!I am an icing snob so I just would never think of using that. I make mine from scratch, and use a ton of butter, took me 2 years to perfect it, and I am the only one that actually knows the recipe...(even my family doesn't know...afraid they may sell it on me LOL) My customers would have a fit if I changed it...My first thought was it sounds like something you should put on your ass rather than a cake....I hate super sweet icing...so I guess it wouldn't work for me...but good to know for the black and the red...I have also had the thought of doing kids decorating parties...and that would be a great idea for that...especially if it is thick, and cheap, since most of it would be wasted....just thought it was funny, and couldn't resist in sharing my laugh with the CC community. I did take a pic and plan to forward it to cake wrecks....so are the walmart cakes decorated so bad because of the but cream, or the decorators?????? HMMM that is like which came first the chicken or the egg.....LOL

Mensch Posted 5 Aug 2009 , 3:49pm
post #13 of 29

We can just shorten it down to BUTTCREME.

Where's Jan? She needs to put this down in her CC abbreviations list.

Yankie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Yankie Posted 5 Aug 2009 , 4:11pm
post #14 of 29

Can you even color that stuff?

Shirlcantuck Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Shirlcantuck Posted 5 Aug 2009 , 4:27pm
post #15 of 29
Quote:

We can just shorten it down to BUTTCREME.

Where's Jan? She needs to put this down in her CC abbreviations list.

Is there truely such a list? I often wonder what some of the abbreviations mean. I kind of figure them out the hard way, but could be wrong in my interpretation.

Mensch Posted 5 Aug 2009 , 4:28pm
post #16 of 29

yup, I think it is Jan who mans the list!

JGMB Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JGMB Posted 5 Aug 2009 , 6:39pm
post #17 of 29

[quote="ShirlcantuckWhere's Jan? She needs to put this down in her CC abbreviations list.[/quote]

Is there truely such a list? I often wonder what some of the abbreviations mean. I kind of figure them out the hard way, but could be wrong in my interpretation.[/quote]

I think this is a link to it: http://www.cakecentral.com/abbreviation-ftopicp-6395904.html#6395904

JoJo0855 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JoJo0855 Posted 5 Aug 2009 , 6:56pm
post #18 of 29
Quote:
Quote:

But-R-Creme...geez, why don't they just throw the extra "t" on LOL

Ha! That would imply that there's butter in the product! icon_wink.gif

MelissaMay Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MelissaMay Posted 5 Aug 2009 , 7:03pm
post #19 of 29

Cakemom777,
would you be so kind to share the recipe for your Wh. Choc. Itl. Mernigue?? Sounds De-Lish!!!

weirkd Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
weirkd Posted 5 Aug 2009 , 7:16pm
post #20 of 29

Yah, the list in the forums column. I think under the top sticky notes. Let me check and will forward the link. I was the same way, couldnt figure out what some of the abbreviations meant. I always thought DAH was for dumb-ass husband until I found out it wasnt! ....ofcourse I use the abbreviation for mine because I can call him that!!! lol

sweet-thing Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweet-thing Posted 5 Aug 2009 , 7:21pm
post #21 of 29
Quote:

BUT-R-CREME.

icon_lol.gificon_cry.gificon_lol.gif Hysterical!!

I have no opinion on the frosting, never used it but man that is funny stuff, Mensch!

idgalpal Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
idgalpal Posted 5 Aug 2009 , 8:30pm
post #22 of 29

Wow! I think this but-r-creme may just solve my problem! I'm doing a wedding cake to enter in the fair and two of my dummy styrofoam rounds have some nics and gouges in them from removing fondant from previous use! I think this stuff may just be the spackle I need to fill in those areas! I'm calling it but-r-crack-creme from now on!

costumeczar Posted 5 Aug 2009 , 9:01pm
post #23 of 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by idgalpal

I'm calling it but-r-crack-creme from now on!

That's beautiful!

3GCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
3GCakes Posted 5 Aug 2009 , 9:01pm
post #24 of 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by MelissaMay

Cakemom777,
would you be so kind to share the recipe for your Wh. Choc. Itl. Mernigue?? Sounds De-Lish!!!

Hello....my way of making it is pretty much standard of regular Italian Meringue, there are some recipes listed in the forum which explain it better than I can.... but I add about 12 ounces of melted and cooled white chocolate.

I use pasteurized egg whites from the carton instead of regular eggs.

MelissaMay Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MelissaMay Posted 6 Aug 2009 , 1:04am
post #25 of 29

Thanks Cakemom777!!! can't wait to try it.

DeeDelightful Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DeeDelightful Posted 6 Aug 2009 , 11:59pm
post #26 of 29

In defense of but r creme, its not so bad and some people really like it. Very easy to work with.

Laura102777 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Laura102777 Posted 7 Aug 2009 , 12:24am
post #27 of 29

I don't think the product really needs defending. People are just laughing at the funny name, that's all.

costumeczar Posted 7 Aug 2009 , 12:42am
post #28 of 29

I was laughing at the name being the perfect description of what's NOT in it...butter or cream. And it tastes like it, too.

diane Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
diane Posted 7 Aug 2009 , 3:16am
post #29 of 29

does this stuff contain trans fat??? icon_confused.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%