Need Some Ideas On Flavors

Decorating By yamber82 Updated 9 Aug 2009 , 2:43pm by yamber82

yamber82 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
yamber82 Posted 4 Aug 2009 , 11:34pm
post #1 of 5

my son's bday is the 15th and of course i'm making him a huge cake icon_smile.gif , not that he really cares since he will most likely not remember this bday (his first) lol, btu anyway, i want to try out lots of fun flavors. i love trying new things, but most of my customers usually opt for white or choc icon_sad.gif booooriiiiiing! no offense to those of you who like plaino plaino. my white and choc both are very tasty, but i am one of those crazy people who likes lots of variety. i have been experimenting with drink mixers lately. i tried a cosmopolitan cake the other day and it was awesome! but it's pink icon_sad.gif i was thinking of trying some cookie filliers for the bottom part which will be a stack of books. the top part with be two round carved cakes. soo lots of layers to try different flavors on. since it's dr seuss theme i was kinda wanting to do fun colors too. i was thinking of swirling lots of colors but not sure i want to go through all that trouble, haha.

wow this is getting long... so anyway, i know there are lots of fun things to try so i was hoping you guys could offer up some suggestion of some of your fave combos. how bout that dreamsicle? that one sounds intersting.

4 replies
pipe-dreams Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pipe-dreams Posted 4 Aug 2009 , 11:57pm
post #2 of 5

I have tried a few of the wasc variations from the gourmet thread. I love the almond joy cake with coconut filling (which I am using as a layer for my daughters bday). The dreamsicle is definitely good, and I don't even like orange that much. I am also gonna do a cookies and cream layer for my daughter's cake. I haven't tried it yet, but it's her favorite candy.

What candies/ice cream are his favorite? That might help generate some better ideas!

yamber82 Posted 5 Aug 2009 , 1:43am
post #3 of 5

that sounds interesting i will have to go check them out.esp the almond joy one

oh and he has never had sweets before so he doesn't have favorite's yet, lol. i have let him taste my batter once but he wasn't too interested in it. icon_smile.gif

his smash cake is probably going to be plain white cake. not sure yet

adventuregal Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
adventuregal Posted 9 Aug 2009 , 7:08am
post #4 of 5

here's a thread that was started awhile back-flavors are so creative!
http://cakecentral.com/cake-decorating-ftopict-614554.html

This is the first time I've printed my entire list to share with the world... It's huge!

Almond Joy ~ Rich chocolate-almond cake filled with chocolate ganache & coconut filling.

Amaretto Divine ~ Amaretto cake filled with chocolate fudge & Amaretto crème filling.

Andes Dream ~ Chocolate cake baked with Andes mints, filled with chocolate fudge & mint filling.

Apricot Almond ~ White almond sour cream cake with Amaretto cheesecake & apricot puree.

Banana Caramel Cheesecake ~ Banana cake with cheesecake & fresh caramel filling.

Bananarama ~ Banana cake filled with caramel, banana crème and chocolate ganache.

Banana Split ~ Layers of banana, cherry, & chocolate cakes filled with chocolate fudge & banana crème.

Black Forest ~ Chocolate-cherry cake filled with chocolate truffle & cherry filling.

Blueberry Sour Cream ~ Sour cream cake with cheesecake & blueberry fruit filling.

Boston Cream Pie ~ Butter cake filled with vanilla crème & chocolate ganache.

Butterscotch Rum ~ Rich butterscotch rum cake with a cheesecake filling.

Cappuccino ~ Milk chocolate-cappuccino cake filled with cappuccino truffle & thick cream.

Carrot Cake ~ cheesecake filling.

Chai Latte~ Fragrant chai spiced cake filled with cheesecake.

Cherry Vanilla ~ Layers of cherry cake and vanilla cake with cherry chocolate-chip ricotta filling.

Chocolate Banana Cheesecake ~ Layers of chocolate and banana cakes with banana & chocolate cheesecake.

Chocolate Covered Cherry ~ Cherry chocolate-chip cake with a chocolate cherry truffle filling.

Chocolate Dipped Strawberry ~ Layers of strawberry and chocolate cakes with a fudge filling.

Cinnamon Roll ~ Cinnamon swirl butter cake filled with sweet cream cheese.

Caramel Apple ~ Butter cake filled with sliced apple fruit filling & fresh caramel.

Citrus twist ~ Swirls of orange and lemon cake filled with orange cheesecake & lemon curd.

Coconut Cloud ~ Coconut cake filled with coconut crème.

Cookies & Cream ~ Rich dark chocolate cake with an Oreo cookie filling.

Crème Brûlée ~ Caramel cake filled with fresh caramel & white chocolate ganache.

Decadent Chocolate ~ A divinely decadent chocolate cake filled with chocolate fudge & chocolate-chip mousse.

Espresso Chip ~ Mocha-chip cake with espresso truffle filling.

Funky Monkey ~ Layers of banana & peanut butter cakes filled with layers of chocolate fudge, banana cheesecake, & peanut butter mousse.

GoodiesnCream ~ Moist butter cake with a creamy filling loaded with Butterfinger and Heath toffee bits.

Goodnight Kiss ~ Anise flavored champagne cake with white chocolate truffle filling.

Guava Lava ~ Pretty pink guava cake filled with guava fruit filling and cheesecake.

Hawaii Five-O ~ Pineapple cake filled with banana crème, mango curd, & coconut cream.

Hot Cocoa ~ Hot cocoa cake filled with marshmallow crème.

Irish Cream ~ Baileys Irish Cream cake with a Baileys chocolate truffle filling.

Kahlua ~ Rich dark chocolate-Kahlua cake with Kahlua crème filling.

Key Lime ~ Key Lime cake filled with key lime curd and cheesecake.

Lemon Drop ~ Lemon cake filled with lemon curd & white-chocolate ganache.

Lemon Kiss ~ Swirls of almond and lemon cakes filled with raspberry puree & lemon cheesecake.

Margarita ~ Rich margarita cake filled with lime cheesecake.

Mocha Toffee Crunch ~ Chocolate mocha cake filled with mocha fudge & toffee bits.

Neopolitan ~ A layer each of chocolate, strawberry and vanilla cakes filled with chocolate and strawberry cheesecake.

Orange Dreamsicle ~ Moist orange cake filled with vanilla mousse.

Orange Valencia ~ Orange chocolate-chip cake filled with rich chocolate fudge. *My personal favorite*

Peaches n Cream ~ Moist white cake infused with peach, filled with white-chocolate truffle & peach fruit filling.

Peanut Butter Fudgey ~ Peanut butter chocolate-chip cake filled with chocolate fudge and Reeses filling.

PBJ ~ PB cake, peanut butter mousse & raspberry fruit filling.

Pineapple Guava ~ Pineapple cake with guava fruit filling.

Pink Champagne ~ Pink champagne cake with cheesecake filling.

Piña Colada ~ Coconut pineapple cake with coconut crème filling and pineapple fruit filling.

Popsicle ~ Pineapple and cherry cakes swirled together with pineapple & cherry truffle filling.

Raspberry Truffle ~ Dark chocolate-raspberry cake filled with chocolate fudge & raspberry puree.

Rainbowlicious ~ Six vibrant colors of vanilla cake, filled with vanilla mousse.

Red Velvet ~ Rich red velvet cake with cheesecake filling.

Root beer Float ~ Root beer cake swirled with vanilla and filled with thick cream.

Smores ~ Graham cracker cake filled with marshmallow crème & chocolate ganache.

Strawberry Banana ~ Alternating layers of strawberry and banana cakes filled with banana and strawberry cheesecakes.

Strawberry Fields ~ Moist strawberry cake filled with strawberry cheesecake & strawberry puree.

Strawberry Lemonade ~ Strawberry & lemon cakes swirled together and filled with strawberry cheesecake & lemon curd.

Sunrise ~ Swirls of cherry and orange cakes, filled with orange mousse & cherry mousse.

Tiramisu ~ Espresso infused butter cake with mascarpone-Kahlua filling, over a spread of chocolate ganache.

Tropic Breeze ~ Tropical cake (pineapple, banana, coconut) filled with Pineapple cheesecake.

Turtle ~ Dark chocolate cake filled chocolate fudge, caramel, & toasted chopped pecans.

Tuxedo ~ Layers of white & dark chocolate cakes filled with layers of white-chocolate truffle & rich fudge filling.

White Almond Sour Cream ~ White almond sour cream cake filled with cheesecake & raspberry puree. Also great with chocolate-cheesecake filling!

yamber82 Posted 9 Aug 2009 , 2:43pm
post #5 of 5

wow!!! what an impressive list! thanks so much for sharing icon_smile.gif which ones are your faves? that's a LOT of flavors, lol. i don't even think i've made that many cakes in my whole life!! i actually always do the desert table at holidays but i am just now getting into cakes. i have never really cared for cake before, i always thought it was boring. boy was i ever wrong, lol icon_smile.gif

i just finished making a spumoni cake last night and am just sitting down to try it. it turned out pretty good. it is definately pretty.

and i was looking at your list, one of the things i have trouble figuring out is what to use for filling. i have been trying dif cake flavors but never know what to do for fillings that will make it really pop. when you say truffle filling are you refering to a ganache? i made a pina colada cake the other day that was really good but am not sure what to use for filling. i def got lots of ideas from your list though, thank yous o much!

oh and the banana split one looks awesome. do you use a specific recipe or add banana flavor? i would love to try that one but don't want it to have that artificial banana flavor, mleh. i tried a banana split cake recipe once from a taste of home magazine ut it really didn't turn out very good at all icon_sad.gif

oh and i was going to ask how do you do cheesecake for filling? do you bake the cheesecake and then scrape off some? trying to figure out how that would work. and does it then have to be refridgerated at all times? not sure how that would wsork with fondant

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%