85Th Birthday

Decorating By angelbaby612 Updated 5 Aug 2009 , 1:04am by yamber82

angelbaby612 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
angelbaby612 Posted 4 Aug 2009 , 11:01pm
post #1 of 6

Hey yall. My great aunt is turning 85 this weekend. I want to make a super special birthday cake. It does not need to be big, maybe for 20 people. My skills are limited but I have some time to practice. I have a lot of ideas bouncing around in my head icon_smile.gif but I want some input. Any suggestions?

5 replies
JoJo0855 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JoJo0855 Posted 4 Aug 2009 , 11:07pm
post #2 of 6

What is she interested in? Does she have a hobby? Think of an appropriate theme and check the CC galleries for ideas. Good luck.

Doug Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Doug Posted 4 Aug 2009 , 11:14pm
post #3 of 6

well, what ARE your ideas?

let us hear them. they could be a great start for us all on CC to work with you to a fantastic end product!

yamber82 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
yamber82 Posted 4 Aug 2009 , 11:19pm
post #4 of 6

ooh i would totally go with a theme from the year/decade she was born or growing up, something reminiscent of her childhood. let's see that would be around the 30's.

or for a more classic look i have seen an anniversary cake that was done really simple and elgenat with edible photos all around the tiers in black and white

angelbaby612 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
angelbaby612 Posted 4 Aug 2009 , 11:51pm
post #5 of 6

yamber82, I thought about that but I didn't really know where to go with it.
I thought about doing a present, BC with fondant bow.
I thought about doing some type of garden scene, all BC because she likes plants.
Maybe a plain BC cake with Duff's roses, but with chocolate clay.
Like I said, my skills are limited but I have SOME practice time. I don't want to get into anything really out there that would take me forever to do.
I was told I don't need anything fancy but how often do you turn 85? In my mind that's quite an accomplishment.

yamber82 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
yamber82 Posted 5 Aug 2009 , 1:04am
post #6 of 6

well first of all how big is it gonna be? the bogger the more you can do

if you're skills are limited than i would go with like a square tiered with some red duff roses on top and some black and white photos around the sides. you can take your pix to a bakery that does photocakes and have them print them out for you. i have never done it but it should be super easy. then maybe pipe around the edges in red? i personally really like that idea. obviously you can't do one for every year, lol, but like some memorable ones. some of her younger and some older with the grandkids or jsut pix of all her kids and grandkids with a "how much you mean" kind of theme

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%