Modeling Chocolate Man

Decorating By chrishaunap Updated 6 Aug 2009 , 1:46am by chrishaunap

chrishaunap Posted 4 Aug 2009 , 8:19pm
post #1 of 3

I've never used modeling chocolate b4 and am wanting to make a male figurine as a topper for a friends birthday cake (he'll be jumping out of the cake) Does anyone know if i should use some sort of support or wire for the man? or will it harder enough to support itself? any help would be appreciated icon_smile.gif Thanks.

2 replies
cakeflake80 Posted 5 Aug 2009 , 6:29pm
post #2 of 3

I don't have much experience, but I have spent the last week making four figurines for my upcoming 'BEATLES' themed cake. Man are they a LOT of work! Luckily mine were sitting down...I am not sure I would have had the patience to make them standing. Either way, my original intention was to make them out of modeling chocolate but it just didn't work out. It was so incredibly sticky and not that easy to work with....and maybe it's my recipe but it just didn't dry hard enough. So....I chose a 50/50 blend of fondant/gumpaste and it was so much easier. If you need to make him standing up, I would suggest either the 50/50 blend or just all gumpaste (which is surprisingly easy to work with!)

chrishaunap Posted 6 Aug 2009 , 1:46am
post #3 of 3

thanks for the advice icon_smile.gif I just thought the chocolate would taste better but i may end up using gumpaste.

Quote by @%username% on %date%