Thoughts On My Name And Tagline...

Business By tracycakes Updated 7 Aug 2009 , 2:21pm by LaBellaFlor

tracycakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tracycakes Posted 4 Aug 2009 , 6:54pm
post #1 of 36

I've read many other names and slogans on here so I want to get your opinion on mine.

The name is Seasons of Love Cakes and the tagline is "for all the seasons in your life". The logo is a 3 tiered topsy turvy type cake and the bottom cake has baby rattles and pacifier, the middle has birthday candles around the side and the top is a swag with a bride and groom on top. It's very simple and all 3 tiers follow the same simple color scheme.

I would love to hear what you think.

35 replies
Doug Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Doug Posted 4 Aug 2009 , 6:56pm
post #2 of 36

love the name and tag line.

want to see a pic of your logo.

kylekaitlyn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kylekaitlyn Posted 4 Aug 2009 , 7:09pm
post #3 of 36

I love it! I especially like how you incorporated the various special occasions into the cake. I would love to see the proof.

globalgatherings Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
globalgatherings Posted 4 Aug 2009 , 7:22pm
post #4 of 36

I think your concept is fabulous, but I think it might flow better this way,

Name of company "Seasons of Love" and the tag line is " CAKES, for all the seasons in your life"

Okay, just an opinion!!!

Kelly

MelissaMay Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MelissaMay Posted 4 Aug 2009 , 7:22pm
post #5 of 36

I like the idea of your logo incorporating all types of cakes, to show that you can do ANYTHING!! I am in need of help too. I have chosen what some would call a "cliche" name, and am now having second thoughts about it...Any feedback would help.. The name: Piece of Cake. My only other line is "specialty cakes for all occassions".....don't know where to go from there... no logo at this point, not sure about the name etc...what do you think? Thanks

tracycakes Posted 4 Aug 2009 , 7:24pm
post #6 of 36

thanks! I will post it as soon as I get a copy.

I had the idea one night while lying in bed in insomnia (pretty normal) and the logo popped into my head. (The name had popped into my head a month or so before when I was trying to get to sleep. )

The next day at lunch, I told my hubby about the logo and drew it on a napkin and an hour later, we took it to the printers. Their graphic artist did a really good job taking my scratchings and making a logo. I can't wait to go see it today!

Doug Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Doug Posted 4 Aug 2009 , 7:25pm
post #7 of 36

Piece of Cake: Makes your occasion special!

tracycakes Posted 4 Aug 2009 , 7:27pm
post #8 of 36
Quote:
Originally Posted by globalgatherings

Name of company "Seasons of Love" and the tag line is " CAKES, for all the seasons in your life"

Okay, just an opinion!!!

Kelly

Thanks! I had thought of just the Seasons of Love but I wanted people to know it was about cakes and not wedding attire or flowers or maybe something "naughty". icon_wink.gif When we talked to our banker, she also suggested having the something descriptive about what it is so people will know. I do appreciate your input. thumbs_up.gif

MelissaMay Posted 4 Aug 2009 , 7:31pm
post #9 of 36

Doug,
thanks again!! You always seem to have these great tag lines..you have no idea how grateful I am for your help!

-Tubbs Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-Tubbs Posted 6 Aug 2009 , 2:03pm
post #10 of 36
Quote:
Originally Posted by tracycakes

Quote:
Originally Posted by globalgatherings

Okay, just an opinion!!!

Kelly

Thanks! I had thought of just the Seasons of Love but I wanted people to know it was about cakes and not wedding attire or flowers or maybe something "naughty". icon_wink.gif When we talked to our banker, she also suggested having the something descriptive about what it is so people will know. I do appreciate your input. thumbs_up.gif

I definitely agree. "Seasons of Love" sounds a bit like a daytime soap! Adding the "Cakes" immediately refocusses the mind!

Edited to add that I really like the sound of your logo!

cheatize Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cheatize Posted 6 Aug 2009 , 4:31pm
post #11 of 36

Piece of Cake
We make events look easy.
We make it look easy.

Hmm, something with easy....

MelissaMay Posted 6 Aug 2009 , 4:46pm
post #12 of 36

Cheatize,
Thanks...my husband came up with the same idea... Piece of Cake..we make it look easy!

Sounds great...i like it!!
Thanks for your help icon_biggrin.gif

LaBellaFlor Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LaBellaFlor Posted 6 Aug 2009 , 5:17pm
post #13 of 36

Love the name. love the tagline. MelissaMay, I can not tell you how many people have "Piece of Cake" for a name. Theres more then one in my area and a few peopl have asked about that name on this site. It's not my favorite, just cause so many people have that as their name in different variations, "Piece of Cake", "Slice of Cake", "The Piece of Cake Shop", etc.,etc.,etc. JMHO

MelissaMay Posted 6 Aug 2009 , 5:53pm
post #14 of 36
Quote:
Originally Posted by LaBellaFlor

Love the name. love the tagline. MelissaMay, I can not tell you how many people have "Piece of Cake" for a name. Theres more then one in my area and a few peopl have asked about that name on this site. It's not my favorite, just cause so many people have that as their name in different variations, "Piece of Cake", "Slice of Cake", "The Piece of Cake Shop", etc.,etc.,etc. JMHO

Thanks LaBellaFlor,
That is what I was afraid of, but as far as I can see, there aren't any in my area, so I'm trying to make a go of it....This is all new to me so just throwing it out there! Thanks for your thoughts!!

Mensch Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Mensch Posted 6 Aug 2009 , 5:57pm
post #15 of 36

I don't like the name Seasons of Love Cakes. I think it sounds cheesy. Sorry.

The logo sounds interesting.

Agree with Piece of Cake. Been done so many times in so many ways that it's just trite.

cheatize Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cheatize Posted 6 Aug 2009 , 9:13pm
post #16 of 36

It's not trite if no one in the area is using it or has heard of it. Fairly easy to remember, too. Put a great tagline with it and I think it will work.

Adevag Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Adevag Posted 6 Aug 2009 , 11:49pm
post #17 of 36

I like your name and your logo seems nice. When I first read your name and continued reading that you had a three tiered cake, before I finished reading I pictured images in my head of the tiers being of colors/themed from seasons since you have it in your name. Like one with fall colored leaves, one with spring flowers, one winter-like tier etc. But I am probably wrong. I am not that great with words, (I have only lived in the US for five years) so expressions are harder for me to understand. Maybe there is a saying of seasons in your life meaning occasions in your life (like birthdays, weddings and babies)?

jlynnw Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jlynnw Posted 7 Aug 2009 , 12:03am
post #18 of 36

OP - that is such a good name and tagline, I would steel it myself if I would lose sleep over it icon_lol.gif

A Piece of Cake seems a bit of a place for the everyday cake. JMHO

I should not be critical, I don't have a name or tagline myself. Still working on it and nothing works.

mrsclox Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mrsclox Posted 7 Aug 2009 , 12:05am
post #19 of 36

How about Seasons of Cake...I like quirky names that get you thinking. You know, like when you see a personalized license plate and have to think about it for a minute before you see how clever it is.

LaBellaFlor Posted 7 Aug 2009 , 12:13am
post #20 of 36

Seasons of Cake sounds even better and still goes with the whole concept.

Mom23Angels Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Mom23Angels Posted 7 Aug 2009 , 12:27am
post #21 of 36

How about "A Cake For All Seasons"?

Where I used to live there was a bakery with a name that I loved, it was "Lovin' Oven Cakery". I haven't seen "Lovin' Oven" anywhere else, although I'm sure it's not unusual.

kilikina_24 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kilikina_24 Posted 7 Aug 2009 , 12:39am
post #22 of 36

I love the idea for your logo (can't wait to see it) and congratulations on your business!! Always seems like the best ideas come to me when I'm trying to sleep too!

MelissaMay Posted 7 Aug 2009 , 12:41am
post #23 of 36

Mensche,
Thank you for your input

tracycakes Posted 7 Aug 2009 , 1:12am
post #24 of 36
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adevag

I like your name and your logo seems nice. When I first read your name and continued reading that you had a three tiered cake, before I finished reading I pictured images in my head of the tiers being of colors/themed from seasons since you have it in your name. Like one with fall colored leaves, one with spring flowers, one winter-like tier etc. But I am probably wrong. I am not that great with words, (I have only lived in the US for five years) so expressions are harder for me to understand. Maybe there is a saying of seasons in your life meaning occasions in your life (like birthdays, weddings and babies)?

"

It is about the seasons of life - birthdays, weddings, celebrations of all types. I pic of my logo in deitial format tomorrow along with my business cards and I will post a pic. From the very beginning, I knew how I wanted the logo to flow and the graphic artist did a great job. Without the "cakes", it definitely could be a wedding shop, a lingerie shop or even a cheesy soap. icon_wink.gif But, I think the logo will make it make a lot more sense.

Thanks everyone!

MelissaMay Posted 7 Aug 2009 , 1:18am
post #25 of 36

tracycakes,
Sound like you are on your way, I love the name and concept.....very original!!

MelissaMay Posted 7 Aug 2009 , 1:20am
post #26 of 36
Quote:
Originally Posted by cheatize

It's not trite if no one in the area is using it or has heard of it. Fairly easy to remember, too. Put a great tagline with it and I think it will work.

Thanks cheatize,
This venture is really all about making my hobby "legal" so I can continue to expand. I was able to purchase a domain name to match my name, so I feel like it will be ok. This is just a slow, scary process, trying to take baby steps! LOL Who knows where it wil lead me.

LaBellaFlor Posted 7 Aug 2009 , 1:39am
post #27 of 36

I was just wondering how do you purchase a domain name? When you do that does that make your name exclusive for you to use? As you can see I don't know much about internet stuff! icon_rolleyes.gif

jlynnw Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jlynnw Posted 7 Aug 2009 , 1:46am
post #28 of 36

oooh, good questions, I want to know too!

MelissaMay Posted 7 Aug 2009 , 1:58am
post #29 of 36
Quote:
Originally Posted by LaBellaFlor

I was just wondering how do you purchase a domain name? When you do that does that make your name exclusive for you to use? As you can see I don't know much about internet stuff! icon_rolleyes.gif

I just went online, you can google it. You can search to see if you domain is available and then you can purchase it for any number of years. Most come with an email linked to the site, website starter kit and customer support. You can shop around for a package that suits you. In MA you have to register your business with your local gov. I know that noone in my town can have the same name...not sure how it works nationally?? The domain is difficult, because lots of .coms will be taken already...
all new to me too, just finding my way....lol

DefyGravity Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DefyGravity Posted 7 Aug 2009 , 2:04am
post #30 of 36

"Seasons of Love" is one of the best songs in the musical RENT!

The only problem I do have with it is that "Seasons of Love Cakes" is kind of a mouthful, IMO.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%