State Regulations

Business By NoviceBeth Updated 5 Aug 2009 , 12:03am by Rylan

NoviceBeth Posted 4 Aug 2009 , 6:30pm
post #1 of 6

Right now I am just practicing and don't plan on selling any of my cakes. However, in the event that one day I would like to turn this in to a business, I know I will have to follow state laws and establish a business and follow the rules that come with that.

One question though: How do I find out what my state requires? Is there a special google phrase to use or a website that has a listing? I have been trying to search for two days now and am coming up with nothing.


5 replies
MrsMabe Posted 4 Aug 2009 , 6:50pm
post #2 of 6

I'd also like to know this! But I also need to know for other countries. The darn military's gonna move me as soon as I get comfortable lol.

melli_fera Posted 4 Aug 2009 , 9:15pm
post #3 of 6

Check your state's online website, particularly the department of public health. Some phrases to check for "home baker" "baked goods".

klallen21 Posted 4 Aug 2009 , 9:33pm
post #4 of 6

"Cottage laws" is another good phrase to look up...I know in TN that is what we have.

NoviceBeth Posted 5 Aug 2009 , 12:03am
post #5 of 6

Thanks so much! It seems to be much easier than I realized. According to the website, I can't have any pets and no carpet in the kitchen! I am going to request more information! Thanks for the key words, I would have never found it without your help!

Rylan Posted 5 Aug 2009 , 12:03am
post #6 of 6

Try typing, "home business liscenses".

Quote by @%username% on %date%