M.o.b. Refused My Cake!

Decorating By 1dessertdiva Updated 22 Oct 2009 , 3:22am by Cricketina

LaBellaFlor Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LaBellaFlor Posted 4 Aug 2009 , 5:05am
post #31 of 184
Quote:
Originally Posted by __Jamie__

Hood winked as in made up, lie, false story to get our goats. I don't think the one I'm thinking of is around anymore. But I think it took a full weekend for someone to track down a pic of the cake in the center of the drama, turns out it was a photoshopped pic from another persons site. It had everyone going for quite awhile. True or not, it was a dang good thread! icon_biggrin.gif

I remembr that thread and that story REALLY got outrageuos. I think I'm with you here. The op turns around and gives the cake to her granddaughter for her birthday?! It so happened to be her birthday?!? icon_rolleyes.gif hmmm...

JaimeAnn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JaimeAnn Posted 4 Aug 2009 , 5:33am
post #32 of 184
Quote:
Originally Posted by chryscrazy

I can absolutely see this happening. After the grocery store I have worked in, I can believe almost any outrageous customer behavior.

Once I had a customer come 2 hours late to pick up her cake, and then dropped it on the floor while she was holding it (1/2 sheet) in one hand and talking on her phone with the other. She brought it back to me and started yelling at me because she claimed I didn't close the container. After telling her that I could make her another one in about 20 minutes she started cussing at me about how her party was already started, so I told her it's not my fault she came late! I know I shouldn't have said that but she was already being so rude to me! Anyway while I am making her another cake she calls me a bitch and a tramp multiple times loud enough for the whole store to hear, and told me I would be standing in the unemployment line while her party goes on.

Sorry I got off on a long tangent just to say I can see that happening.

I would have been standing in the unemployment line, cause I would have been fired for going off on that bi$@#!

lthiele Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lthiele Posted 4 Aug 2009 , 5:58am
post #33 of 184
Quote:
Originally Posted by JaimeAnn

[

I would have been standing in the unemployment line, cause I would have been fired for going off on that bi$@#!

Me too! the only reason people behave like that is because no-one ever stands up to them and tells them to put a sock in it!
(to be polite icon_twisted.gif )

Texas_Rose Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Texas_Rose Posted 4 Aug 2009 , 5:59am
post #34 of 184
Quote:
Originally Posted by JaimeAnn

Quote:

I can absolutely see this happening. After the grocery store I have worked in, I can believe almost any outrageous customer behavior.

Once I had a customer come 2 hours late to pick up her cake, and then dropped it on the floor while she was holding it (1/2 sheet) in one hand and talking on her phone with the other. She brought it back to me and started yelling at me because she claimed I didn't close the container. After telling her that I could make her another one in about 20 minutes she started cussing at me about how her party was already started, so I told her it's not my fault she came late! I know I shouldn't have said that but she was already being so rude to me! Anyway while I am making her another cake she calls me a bitch and a tramp multiple times loud enough for the whole store to hear, and told me I would be standing in the unemployment line while her party goes on.

Sorry I got off on a long tangent just to say I can see that happening.

icon_lol.gificon_lol.gif One time I was working at a drycleaners and a woman came in and wanted her dress redone. The only problem was, she was wearing it. So I told her to bring it in the next time she came and we'd send it for a do-over. Instead she went home and changed and took it to our main location and said I had told her she couldn't have it redone. The owner called and screamed at me until I told him that she had come in wearing it and how on earth was I supposed to send it when she had it on? (Sometimes he forgot that I wasn't one of the illegals he had working in the plant and he couldn't talk to me that way) And then when the dress came back, I used my seam ripper and removed every 3rd stitch from the back seam of the dress. I could tell from the stress marks in the fabric that it was too tight across the butt and the seam would give way when she bent over icon_biggrin.gif

Bakingangel Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Bakingangel Posted 4 Aug 2009 , 6:19am
post #35 of 184

... The op turns around and gives the cake to her granddaughter for her birthday?! It so happened to be her birthday?!? icon_rolleyes.gif hmmm...[/quote]

COME ON! This is taking it too far! The OP should not be made to feel that she has to prove anything. She's not on trial here! She's part of the CC family and is entitled to some respect and empathy. What she experienced was traumatic to say the least!

Lidunka25 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lidunka25 Posted 4 Aug 2009 , 6:24am
post #36 of 184
Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas_Rose

icon_lol.gificon_lol.gif One time I was working at a drycleaners and a woman came in and wanted her dress redone. The only problem was, she was wearing it. So I told her to bring it in the next time she came and we'd send it for a do-over. Instead she went home and changed and took it to our main location and said I had told her she couldn't have it redone. The owner called and screamed at me until I told him that she had come in wearing it and how on earth was I supposed to send it when she had it on? (Sometimes he forgot that I wasn't one of the illegals he had working in the plant and he couldn't talk to me that way) And then when the dress came back, I used my seam ripper and removed every 3rd stitch from the back seam of the dress. I could tell from the stress marks in the fabric that it was too tight across the butt and the seam would give way when she bent over icon_biggrin.gif

icon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gifthumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gif

madgeowens Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
madgeowens Posted 4 Aug 2009 , 6:26am
post #37 of 184

i think what some are saying is that in the past people made this type post only to find it was all a hoax, and sp naturally they wish to see a photo..........I do not see anything dastardly in that. Do you?

Ladiesofthehouse Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Ladiesofthehouse Posted 4 Aug 2009 , 6:41am
post #38 of 184
Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas_Rose

One time I was working at a drycleaners and a woman came in and wanted her dress redone. The only problem was, she was wearing it. So I told her to bring it in the next time she came and we'd send it for a do-over. Instead she went home and changed and took it to our main location and said I had told her she couldn't have it redone. The owner called and screamed at me until I told him that she had come in wearing it and how on earth was I supposed to send it when she had it on? (Sometimes he forgot that I wasn't one of the illegals he had working in the plant and he couldn't talk to me that way) And then when the dress came back, I used my seam ripper and removed every 3rd stitch from the back seam of the dress. I could tell from the stress marks in the fabric that it was too tight across the butt and the seam would give way when she bent over icon_biggrin.gif

This is why I never send food back to the kitchen in a restaurant LOL

milissasmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
milissasmom Posted 4 Aug 2009 , 6:47am
post #39 of 184
Quote:
Originally Posted by madgeowens

i think what some are saying is that in the past people made this type post only to find it was all a hoax, and sp naturally they wish to see a photo..........I do not see anything dastardly in that. Do you?

NOPE....not at all...That last one was a MESS and one of the biggest balls of crap I have ever read about and it went on and on and on. Honestly, when I saw the title of this post, that previous post was the first thing I thought about before I ever read a word of this one! Hope it turns out to not be a HOAX...I mean really, who has time to come up with this sort of game?? Remember the pics from the last one was a HOAX too! She found it on line!!!!!!!

lthiele Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lthiele Posted 4 Aug 2009 , 6:47am
post #40 of 184

I think the moral to the story is we have all dealt with people like this, I work in hospitality - dont get me started! OP please dont get upset, this is turning out to be quite funny and it makes us all feel better Texas Rose when the baddies get their cumm -up-ence! This is the most I've laughed all day! icon_lol.gif

three_sets_of_twins Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
three_sets_of_twins Posted 4 Aug 2009 , 7:30am
post #41 of 184

what a terrible woman!!!!! how RUDE and just low class. I really hope she does not get a refund. She should be paying you in FULL. her daughter is the one whomade the order and her daughter should be the one who says wether she likes it or not. like a supermarket cake is going to be BETTER than what you took in?? I think its buyers remorse. Im so sorry you had to go through this, I havent been through anything like this yet and I have no idea how I'd handle it. Big hugs your way.

Bakingangel Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Bakingangel Posted 4 Aug 2009 , 7:40am
post #42 of 184
Quote:
Originally Posted by milissasmom

Quote:
Originally Posted by madgeowens

NOPE....not at all...That last one was a MESS and one of the biggest balls of crap I have ever read about and it went on and on and on. Honestly, when I saw the title of this post, that previous post was the first thing I thought about before I ever read a word of this one! Hope it turns out to not be a HOAX...I mean really, who has time to come up with this sort of game?? Remember the pics from the last one was a HOAX too! She found it on line!!!!!!!

Sorry so many of you were taken for a ride previously. It is not fair to the OP to bring your baggage into her post. How would you feel? There is nothing wrong in asking for a pic so we can help assess the situation with her. She said she would do so asap. It was the beginning of the undertones about the birthday party that were out of line. This is how the snowball gets rolling in some threads and sweet, kind people get their feelings hurt all to heck!

jaybug Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jaybug Posted 4 Aug 2009 , 1:19pm
post #43 of 184

1dessertdiva, sorry you had to deal with such a low class MOB. I'm even sorrier that now you face such scrutiny here because of things that others have did in the past. Sometimes lately in here it's like throwing yourself to the wolves. thumbsdown.gif

Kiddiekakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kiddiekakes Posted 4 Aug 2009 , 2:25pm
post #44 of 184

What a crazy woman...Even if the cake wasn't exactly what the Bride ordered or wanted(In the Mom's eyes) I would have wanted a cake anyway...I mean a cake is better than nothing....Unless it was totally hideous which I doubt.Some people are just over the top.

Doug Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Doug Posted 4 Aug 2009 , 2:30pm
post #45 of 184

hmmmm...

and is anyone with me on the concept that all these reality shows are just adding fuel to the fire of totally outrageous self-absorbed behavior?

even if this should turn out to be an exaggeration, I still could see it happening.

Kiddiekakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kiddiekakes Posted 4 Aug 2009 , 2:33pm
post #46 of 184

I agree Doug.....It seems like nowadays the more spoiled you are or behave badly the more people are interested in watching or paying the people to do it.

kilikina_24 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kilikina_24 Posted 4 Aug 2009 , 2:37pm
post #47 of 184

Doug and Kiddiekakes--I'm with ya! I've thought that a few times now. Shows like Bridezilla especially seem to have bride's thinking it's okay to act like a spoiled, selfish brat because it's "my day!!!" It's ridiculous!!

cutthecake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cutthecake Posted 4 Aug 2009 , 2:39pm
post #48 of 184

Reality TV almost always rewards very bad behavior. And some viewers feel the need to copy it. Oh, the drama of it all. The lack of self-censorship and discretion, the outrageous demands, the tantrums.

Play nice.

chryscrazy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
chryscrazy Posted 4 Aug 2009 , 3:35pm
post #49 of 184

I did tell her that she needed to stop talking to me that way, and when she didn't I told her that I would not make her another cake. I'm not going to act like such a fool, but I did stand up for myself somewhat. Unfortunately, the assistant manager used to work in a bakery and he made her cake, while she stood there yelling the whole time. I stayed in the back until she left because I was afraid she would follow me if I left. If the store manager had been there he would have told her to get out or he was calling the police, and he did apologize to me when he heard about it.

DefyGravity Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DefyGravity Posted 4 Aug 2009 , 3:45pm
post #50 of 184
Quote:

I did tell her that she needed to stop talking to me that way, and when she didn't I told her that I would not make her another cake. I'm not going to act like such a fool, but I did stand up for myself somewhat. Unfortunately, the assistant manager used to work in a bakery and he made her cake, while she stood there yelling the whole time. I stayed in the back until she left because I was afraid she would follow me if I left. If the store manager had been there he would have told her to get out or he was calling the police, and he did apologize to me when he heard about it.

Oh my... stories like that make me so happy I don't work retail anymore!

I've always secretly wished that there was a gossip magazine, except with regular people in it. If they knew that people were aware of their bad behavior and got to see how they were acting, they might think about changing it.

1dessertdiva Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
1dessertdiva Posted 4 Aug 2009 , 3:55pm
post #51 of 184

Hi All,

Thanks for the empathy! I feel the need to clarify a few things... it will not be detailed as I am on my way back to work. I own a Catering and cake design co., I am currently on day 33 of NO days off. Friday I got 3 hours sleep then put in a long horrify day on the day the event happened. I would not waste my time posting something that was not true, as I value my down time, I was just in total shock because I have heard of things like this but new it would always happen to the "Other guy".
Yes it was my grand daughters bday on 8-2-09 the wedding was 8-01-09, I made my GD an oreo cookies and cream cake that looked like a giant cookie, I also had a wedding the morning of my gd's bday but paid my staff to take over so I would not miss yet another bday, my assistant suggested since the cake was just going to go to the mission wouldn't it be better to give it to her? ( why on earth would I lie about that? )I am saddened by the fact that people on this forum (some) would be so quick to take a cynical view of a post I made, I would not waste my time or yours , and my information is visible to all, including my business info, I have been a member for 3 years and hardly post because I am busy working, I would not waste the time to tarnish the name of my business and embaress myself.
Thank you for listening

__Jamie__ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
__Jamie__ Posted 4 Aug 2009 , 4:00pm
post #52 of 184

Sounds good to me Diva. Sorry that happened to you.

Bellatheball Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Bellatheball Posted 4 Aug 2009 , 4:08pm
post #53 of 184

I'm sorry to hear it too. Have you heard from the Bride?

alvarezmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
alvarezmom Posted 4 Aug 2009 , 4:09pm
post #54 of 184

Sorry this happened to you. I'd love to see pictures though.

You knwo what would have been funny.... Since the MOB paid for half the cake. Cut the cake right down the center!!! You would have been taking the half that she paid for back and left the other hald there for the bride!!!

LadyG33 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LadyG33 Posted 4 Aug 2009 , 4:12pm
post #55 of 184

I would love to see the cake she refused to have at her daughters wedding.
I mean how rude of the mom, it blows my mind to know that there are people out there like that.

Kel1222 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kel1222 Posted 4 Aug 2009 , 4:20pm
post #56 of 184

Good for you to take the time that you have so little of, to professionally defend yourself and state your case. And happy birthday to your GD!

I am curious to know which previos post was a hoax. There was one a couple of months back that went on throughout the weekend. It was like a damn soap opera but I too was a follower! If anyone could tell me the short version, or just the topic, I'd appreciate it!

ninatat Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ninatat Posted 4 Aug 2009 , 4:22pm
post #57 of 184

what did the daughter think of it

yellobutterfly Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
yellobutterfly Posted 4 Aug 2009 , 4:26pm
post #58 of 184

I think I'd have marched myself over to the brides' changing room and told her what was going on...I wouldn't want to be the one responsible for ruining her day when she found out her dream cake was replaced with krogers' frozen sheet cakes...

3GCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
3GCakes Posted 4 Aug 2009 , 4:26pm
post #59 of 184

I am sorry this happened to you!

Is your company Diva Catering and Cakes?
In Salem, Oregon?
I would love to see more of the wedding cakes like on your website! I don't see any in your photos here. icon_biggrin.gif

Sorry if I have the wrong company.

Doug Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Doug Posted 4 Aug 2009 , 4:27pm
post #60 of 184

the more i think about it and my personality.

that MOB and the groom too, the snert, would have been wearing that cake!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%