Pumpkins On Sugar Cubes?

Lounge By pnnllj Updated 24 Aug 2009 , 5:26pm by aquamom

pnnllj Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pnnllj Posted 3 Aug 2009 , 6:07pm
post #1 of 7

I have a customer asking for sugar cubes decorated with pumpkins, does anyone have any suggestions for the best way of doing this?
Thanks!

6 replies
Kiddiekakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kiddiekakes Posted 3 Aug 2009 , 6:11pm
post #2 of 7

My mom did over 500 of them for my wedding 10 years ago..She did all kids of small RI flowers etc..We sprayed the cubes lavender purple with a spray bottle and colored water. After they dried she did the flowers.They were a big hit and you could see women stuffing them in their purses as I had a tray of them on each table.HA!HA! The pumpkins would be easy to do just like a large one on a cake.I think some of the wilton yearbooks have instructions on how to do them..Just make them on a smaller scale.I think they will look cute!!

Jaimelt76 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jaimelt76 Posted 3 Aug 2009 , 6:45pm
post #3 of 7

Here is a website that has decorative sugar cubes. They have halloween ones with pumpkins that you may be able to use for an idea. I made some of these sugar cubes for my kids raffle at school and everyone loved them. Good luck.

http://www.labelsbuydesign.com/sugarcubes.html

mocakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mocakes Posted 21 Aug 2009 , 11:28pm
post #4 of 7

Those are adorable!

I've never heard of that before....so this may seem like a dumb question, but what do you do with them?? detective.gif Do people actually eat them?

kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 22 Aug 2009 , 12:41am
post #5 of 7

This should be rather easy. Just use tip one or 2 and pipe them just as one would doing it on a cake. For the face use tip 1s, or if you have it a #0. For the leaf use tip 349 (not sure if it comes smaller than that but w/very light pressure should be fine.)

As for what do people do w/them? In their coffee & teaicon_smile.gif

mocakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mocakes Posted 22 Aug 2009 , 5:35pm
post #6 of 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by kakeladi

As for what do people do w/them? In their coffee & teaicon_smile.gif

That seemed too obvious....lol

I didn't think the icing would disolve very well, but I guess it can! icon_rolleyes.gif

aquamom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
aquamom Posted 24 Aug 2009 , 5:26pm
post #7 of 7

I remember my mom making these to decorate cakes when I was small. They were so beautiful. We were able to help out as well. This brings back so many great memories icon_smile.gif.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%