Have Question About "ring Cake"

Decorating By BREN28 Updated 3 Aug 2009 , 5:53pm by brincess_b

BREN28 Posted 3 Aug 2009 , 4:59pm
post #1 of 2

had a lady call me to see if i could do a cake for her,but im not able to,so she said would make it herself but if i knew how she could make a ring cake. she said she was going to make to 8 in rounds,and wants to know if she just pushes them together to make it look like two rings? ive never done one, i wasn't sure what to tell her.its supposed to be a double ring cake for a grooms cake.should she cut just a little off the side of each cake and push them together so that it looks connected? any help would be appreciated!! thanks!

1 reply
brincess_b Posted 3 Aug 2009 , 5:53pm
post #2 of 2

i think it would be much easier for the woman to either find another baker, or come on cc!
theres a limit to how much make your own advice you want to dish out - partly cause you might end up permenantly losing a customer (or having her life long devotion, lol!) and partly cause it could end up taking a lot of your time for something pretty simple.
i think as to how to cut the cakes is up to her. id prefer something more interlocking, but its probably easier to just cut a bit off and have them sitting next to each other.

Quote by @%username% on %date%