"nonexistent" Posts.

Decorating By Anntee Updated 3 Aug 2009 , 5:09pm by Doug

Anntee Posted 3 Aug 2009 , 4:20pm
post #1 of 6

When I logged on this AM I was intrigued with the post - subject: "rant about photos." After reading the post, I requested to be notified of add'l posts. When I went back in later to check on the author's name - it came up as "this post does not exist" - even though it was clearly still shown.

I'm confused. Can someone clarify for me? TIA

5 replies
Doug Posted 3 Aug 2009 , 4:25pm
post #2 of 6

CC is experiencing "technical difficulties".

(of course I think it's just that computers are trying to get even with Jackie & Heath for going off to Maui on their honeymoon and leaving the computers behind!)

Anntee Posted 3 Aug 2009 , 4:34pm
post #3 of 6

Thanks Doug. BTW - why are all your photos "sketches?"

Rylan Posted 3 Aug 2009 , 4:37pm
post #4 of 6

I was looking for the same post. I thnk that was deleted because it was very controversial.

__Jamie__ Posted 3 Aug 2009 , 4:52pm
post #5 of 6
Originally Posted by Anntee

Thanks Doug. BTW - why are all your photos "sketches?"

Because Doug is THE man with excellent skills as far as templates and figuring out how much cake to make to construct a particular logo, like the Astros sign for example. Someone wanted to know the best way to construct a 2-D Astros logo, and how many pans it would take, and Doug whipped up a template on some computer program to show where to make the cuts with the least amount of cake and waste. He's verrrrrry handy, that Doug! icon_lol.gif

Doug Posted 3 Aug 2009 , 5:09pm
post #6 of 6

I don't have very much opportunity to do cake where I live (no close by family - they're in FL - and I'm foot loose and fancy free -- now if only debt free! I owe, I owe its off to work I go!)

SO much competition here due to it being legal to home bake & sell but you do have to be "legal" (inspected, licensed) , but I'm not inspected and legal here, yet.

And a full time job as a theatre and journalism teacher (NOOOO---just 17 days and it's back to work!) in addition to sports concession stand runner (1st game in just 3 weeks!), football video taping crew chief (there go all the Fridays from now to Jan. between football and basket ball -- prime time for cakes!), church treasurer, choir member (2 choirs, and possibly 3 this next year), children's after school theatre program director, Arts Department Chairperson, District Theatre Department Coordinator, School newsletter editor, and being "too pooped to pop!" At full tilt, I'm out of the house from 6:30A to 10P 4x M-F (wed. off except lent and advent!). Not conducive to doing cakes.

but I do find time to "sketch" -- my creative outlet for now and satisfies my urge to design (I wanted to be an architect. Calculus killed that and me almost too!)

Quote by @%username% on %date%