paolacaracas Posted 3 Aug 2009 , 2:36pm
post #1 of 8

Were can I buy Isomalt on line?
Or a store in FL...

7 replies
msthang1224 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
msthang1224 Posted 3 Aug 2009 , 3:28pm
post #2 of 8

I just read through the Sugar beer bottles and sugar beer video. In the posts,sorry forgot which page, lol someone asked this question. I remember someone said to try health food stores or you can try www.globalsugarart.com or just type in isomalt sugar in your computers search engine and see what comes up. HTH

BlakesCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BlakesCakes Posted 3 Aug 2009 , 10:55pm
post #3 of 8

You really can't buy the right type of isomalt at a health food store--it's basically Splenda and that's too finely ground for properly cooking it.

I just got back from the ICES Convention and CK was selling 1lb. bags of Isomalt at the best price I've ever seen--about $3.50/lb. It may be a bit higher because they often cut prices for convention. Check or call about it:

countrykitchensa.com

HTH
Rae

-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 4 Aug 2009 , 12:19am
post #4 of 8

ChefRubber.com for isomalt and I got my venuance pearls from Albert Uster imports which I think is auiswiss.com

TexasSugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TexasSugar Posted 5 Aug 2009 , 4:45am
post #5 of 8

I bought mine from the Make A Mold people.

sugarbuddy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sugarbuddy Posted 6 Aug 2009 , 8:37pm
post #6 of 8

I bought 20lbs from Make a Mold & paid $70. I think it was $3.50 lb. This was at convention so it might be higher.

-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 6 Aug 2009 , 9:52pm
post #7 of 8

Chef Rubber is 27 pounds for $86 and 11 pounds for $50

http://shopchefrubber.com/home.php?cat=1157

msthang1224 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
msthang1224 Posted 11 Aug 2009 , 3:42am
post #8 of 8

BlakesCakes, I took your advice about not buying isomalt at a health food store. I actually found it a cake supply store in my area. I see what your talking about, about how fine the one from health food store would be compared to the real isomalt. Thank you. I'm TRYING to make my bottle mold right now, I'm waiting for the first coat to dry, hope I'm doing it right, lol. It looks funny right now but its just coat #1.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%