Missing All The Fairs This Year

Lounge By TJCanadian Updated 4 Aug 2009 , 9:03pm by TJCanadian

TJCanadian Posted 3 Aug 2009 , 12:46pm
post #1 of 5

Ok, I just recently moved my family from Colorado to East Tennessee and am finally getting everything unpacked to the point where I can start doing cakes again and was excited to enter the local fairs to get some exposure. Finished unpacking most of the boxes last night so this morning I begin my search, when are the county and state fairs so I can get my entries in....
Carp....Knox county fair was this last week and state fair turn in date is the day after I leave for a business trip....Doh!

Guess I have to wait till next year, just have to keep making my coworkers fat. icon_smile.gif

4 replies
mkolmar Posted 3 Aug 2009 , 3:21pm
post #2 of 5

Hey, so you did decide on the job in TN instead of the one staying in Colorado. Congrats on the move.
Just think of it as more time to get settled into your new place so your even more ready to kick butt next yeat.

Carolynlovescake Posted 3 Aug 2009 , 5:17pm
post #3 of 5

I'm boycotting my fair as are all my students.

I'll save it for my own thread so not to hijack yours over my disgust. lol

Sorry you missed them this year. It just gives you an additional 10 months to think and design on paper something that will be "knock your socks off" gorgeous.

TJCanadian Posted 4 Aug 2009 , 9:01pm
post #4 of 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkolmar

Hey, so you did decide on the job in TN instead of the one staying in Colorado. Congrats on the move.
Just think of it as more time to get settled into your new place so your even more ready to kick butt next yeat.

I did move to TN, the miracle of all miracles, sold our house in 2 days, and was able to get a move in date on the new one 3 weeks later. Only spent 9 weeks away from my family (me in TN and them back home) before we were all together again. I almost went crazy...but i made it.

I just now found a Tennessee Valley fair that is in September I may still be able to get in to, but the theme is Count down to Centennial...that is next year I'm guessing....soooo how do you make that a theme?? Hmmm

TJCanadian Posted 4 Aug 2009 , 9:03pm
post #5 of 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolynGwen

I'm boycotting my fair as are all my students.

I'll save it for my own thread so not to hijack yours over my disgust. lol

Sorry you missed them this year. It just gives you an additional 10 months to think and design on paper something that will be "knock your socks off" gorgeous.

Thank you for the support, I'm sketching up one right now for a co-worker this week....he shaves his head and has a lot of interests so I'm going to do the cake as his bald dome with all of the things he's into, bursting out of his head. icon_smile.gif I think he'll love it, it might look a little odd though

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%