Fat Teddy.

Decorating By Bel_Anne Updated 4 Aug 2009 , 1:39pm by mjk350

Bel_Anne Posted 3 Aug 2009 , 12:24pm
post #1 of 9

This is my first 50/50 gumpaste/fondant figure. Trying to make a teddy bear in a nappy. I wanted him a lot slender, but he just kept squishing fatter and fatter... hah. Am I supposed to let the body dry before I put the head on? And does anyone have any ideas how I could make him cuter? I have to make a ton of little teddies for a cake I'm doing next week. Any help would be appreciated!
LL

8 replies
Eisskween Posted 3 Aug 2009 , 12:39pm
post #2 of 9

Awwww! Your teddy is absolutely adorable! So sweet! icon_biggrin.gif

susanscakecreations Posted 3 Aug 2009 , 12:52pm
post #3 of 9

He IS super adorable!!!!!!! Teddy bears are supposed to be fat and cuddly; but if you want a slimmer one, I would say yes, let the body dry before you put the head on........but this one is a cutie!!!!!!!! thumbs_up.gif

Bel_Anne Posted 3 Aug 2009 , 12:54pm
post #4 of 9

I just had a squiz through your pics Eisskween and noticed your little teddy. How did you get him so lean? The weight of the head on my little guy just kept pushing him flatter and flatter. I'm supposed to make standing ones too and I haven't a clue how I'm going to do that now! What's the process on figure making? Do you do it all at once, or let certain parts dry in stages???? Could I use styrofoam balls and cover them in fondant for the head and the body?

JGMB Posted 3 Aug 2009 , 12:57pm
post #5 of 9

I think he's just precious!!!!

Your concerns reminded me of a cloth sock monkey that I made once -- somehow I overstuffed him and he was too chubby. I just told everyone that he spent too much time in the banana tree!

Bel_Anne Posted 3 Aug 2009 , 1:04pm
post #6 of 9

From the back and side he just looks flat and squished!

Texas_Rose Posted 3 Aug 2009 , 1:42pm
post #7 of 9

I've used lollipops for the heads before, so that the lollipop stick went through the body and provided support for the head. You can trim it to the height that you need it, but it definitely helps to paint it with some gum glue before you stick it in.

jules06 Posted 4 Aug 2009 , 6:23am
post #8 of 9

If you have time, let the body dry before sticking the head on...he is a cutie though !! icon_biggrin.gif

mjk350 Posted 4 Aug 2009 , 1:39pm
post #9 of 9

The teddy is so cute! Looks great!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%