Michael Jackson Cake Ideas

Decorating By tcpbrooks88 Updated 23 Mar 2014 , 8:13pm by StephSugarcraft

tcpbrooks88 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tcpbrooks88 Posted 3 Aug 2009 , 1:44am
post #1 of 6

I just had someone come to me about doing something for their daughter for her 16th birthday and wanted to know if I could do something Michael Jackson'ish. I was a fan way back in the day but I have really no clue where to start..... icon_rolleyes.gif

5 replies
BeeBoos-8599_ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BeeBoos-8599_ Posted 3 Aug 2009 , 2:52am
post #2 of 6

Oh my goodness, there are so many tacky things that I could say right now but I will control myself (maybe). How bout a cake that looks like one of those jackets he wore maybe the red leather one and a hand with a white glittery glove. I think the glove is the most memorable item when I think of MJ.

dmcclend Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dmcclend Posted 3 Aug 2009 , 4:08pm
post #3 of 6

I have to make a MJ cake this month of someone in their 30s as well. My plan is to do a lot of cutout images of MJ all around the cake. I was also thinking about using a flat piece of gumpaste in the shape of a hand and attaching sliver balls all over it to represnt the glove. I am going to make a mini one first to see if it will look alright, if I randomly attach the balls or if they have to be in a prefectly straight line.

cupcakeco Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cupcakeco Posted 4 Aug 2009 , 2:24am
post #4 of 6

How about: A military-inspired "MJ" jacket that looks like it's folded into a square, with "The" glove draped over it and either the "MJ" shades or a headphone mic sitting on top?

djdanieldj Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
djdanieldj Posted 23 Mar 2014 , 7:29pm
post #5 of 6

A[IMG ALT=""]http://cakecentral.com/content/type/61/id/3209414/width/500/height/1000[/IMG]

This si my Michael Jackson Tribute Cake;)

StephSugarcraft Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
StephSugarcraft Posted 23 Mar 2014 , 8:13pm
post #6 of 6

Quote:

Originally Posted by djdanieldj 

This si my Michael Jackson Tribute Cake;)

That's so fantastic! Well done! :)

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%