How Much Advertising...?

Business By auntmamie Updated 3 Aug 2009 , 9:01pm by cylstrial

auntmamie Posted 3 Aug 2009 , 12:57am
post #1 of 4

I am a home baker, legal, without inspection. In VT, as long as I don't go over a certain dollar amount in gross sales per year, I can decorate and sell from my home without inspection. This is per statute.

So, I am obviously not looking to do large wedding cakes, etc. I have an apartment, without a dishwasher (well, the dishwasher is now typing icon_biggrin.gif) I am looking to specialize in "small" party cakes, serving up to 100 people. I am not going to advertise in the state based wedding magazines, nor do I currently have a website. How should I begin advertising, in a unique way?

Thanks!

3 replies
Motta Posted 3 Aug 2009 , 2:33am
post #2 of 4

Maybe start right where you are - in your apartment building with a flyer outlining your work, prices, etc. It would be super convenient for people in your building to order from you and pick up their cakes.

Also, if you're a church-goer, there is usually a church bulletin board or newsletter where you can advertise your services.

Hope that helps a little!

costumeczar Posted 3 Aug 2009 , 8:34pm
post #3 of 4

I'd get a website, even if it's just a flickr or facebook page or somewhere that you can put pictures. It comes in handy when people call and you can tell them to look at the pictures of things that you've done.

cylstrial Posted 3 Aug 2009 , 9:01pm
post #4 of 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by costumeczar

I'd get a website, even if it's just a flickr or facebook page or somewhere that you can put pictures. It comes in handy when people call and you can tell them to look at the pictures of things that you've done.

Or a blog or something! That's definitely the first place to start!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%