Hoe Do I Keep My Cake Rom Melting?

Decorating By MamaMayhem Updated 4 Aug 2009 , 4:45pm by MamaMayhem

MamaMayhem Posted 2 Aug 2009 , 11:59pm
post #1 of 5

I want to make a cake for my son's 2nd birthday. His party will be outdoors, at a local park, next weekend. I plan to do 2 tiers, with buttercream, covered with fondant. I know a lot of ppl say no buttercream under fondant but that's the way we like it. I'm looking at temperatures of mid 80s...minimum. Am I crazy or is this doable? TIA!

4 replies
SarahJane Posted 3 Aug 2009 , 12:15am
post #2 of 5

Totally doable. I would use all shortening buttercream rather than butter frosting.

JanH Posted 3 Aug 2009 , 12:19am
post #3 of 5

Just what SarahJane said. thumbs_up.gif

Everything you need to know to make, decorate and assemble tiered/stacked/layer cakes:

http://www.cakecentral.com/cake-decorating-ftopict-605188-.html

The above superthread has popular CC recipes for American crusting buttercream, several types of fondant and doctored cake mix (WASC and other flavor variations) - plus so much more.

Any of the buttercreams in this thread would be suitable for use under fondant in warm weather. icon_smile.gif

HTH

brincess_b Posted 3 Aug 2009 , 6:06pm
post #4 of 5

just be prepared to serve early - seriously, if it starts to look like you are having problems, then its time to sing happy birthday!
xx

MamaMayhem Posted 4 Aug 2009 , 4:45pm
post #5 of 5

Thank you so much ladies for the replies and links!! I feel like I can take it on now icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%