55 replies
Jenn2179 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jenn2179 Posted 2 Aug 2009 , 9:06pm
post #2 of 56

All I can say is, "Um, wow."

costumeczar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
costumeczar Posted 2 Aug 2009 , 9:11pm
post #3 of 56

Yikes! 1982 called and wants its cake back!

Not my style, but for what it is it's nice. I'm sure the bride liked it if that's her thing!

kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 2 Aug 2009 , 9:11pm
post #4 of 56

Actually looks like the most work involved was baking so may cake! It looks to me to be decorated with nothing more than a ribbon aorund each tier and some fresh flowers. Don't mean it's not well done. Just lots of work setting it up. And think of the $$$ for all those pillars, plates and fountains!

all4cake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
all4cake Posted 2 Aug 2009 , 9:13pm
post #5 of 56

I counted 22 (and assumed another for symmetry)

She's a CC member, I do believe....I don't get out much and I know her from somewhere...

-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 2 Aug 2009 , 9:15pm
post #6 of 56

I think it's awesome!

Doug Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Doug Posted 2 Aug 2009 , 9:17pm
post #7 of 56
Quote:
Originally Posted by all4cake

She's a CC member, I do believe....I don't get out much and I know her from somewhere...

well, I know mine do, and I guess the photographer's do too..

toes and fingers stop counting at 20! icon_rolleyes.gificon_lol.gificon_razz.gif

dsilvest Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dsilvest Posted 2 Aug 2009 , 9:23pm
post #8 of 56
all4cake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
all4cake Posted 2 Aug 2009 , 9:26pm
post #9 of 56
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug

Quote:

toes and fingers stop counting at 20! icon_rolleyes.gificon_lol.gificon_razz.gif

Just for the record...I wasn't saying that to correct you nor the writer of the newspaper photo caption. It was more like...if 20 tiers was worth a wow! and a bow...it being more than that would be worth a holy cow!

OhMyGanache Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
OhMyGanache Posted 2 Aug 2009 , 9:28pm
post #10 of 56
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenn2179

All I can say is, "Um, wow."

You did better than me - all I can say is "EEEEEEEEWWWWWW".

cas17 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cas17 Posted 2 Aug 2009 , 9:31pm
post #11 of 56

goodness it would take almost as long to set all that up as it did to bake and ice the cakes, lol. the ribbon would be quicker than piping all the scrolls too. not crazy about the scattered look of it but stacking them all up would then look like jackie and heath's huge but gorgeous cake!!

Rylan Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Rylan Posted 2 Aug 2009 , 9:36pm
post #12 of 56

WOW! Not my taste but this is one of the best fountain cakes I've seen.

At least it doesn't look like a grocery store cake.

paolacaracas Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
paolacaracas Posted 2 Aug 2009 , 9:37pm
post #13 of 56

I can't belive I'm seeing plastic pillars and cheese fountains i the year 2009, with all the info on the web and tv and magazines....

kilikina_24 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kilikina_24 Posted 2 Aug 2009 , 9:44pm
post #14 of 56
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsilvest

There are more photos of their cakes here.
[url]
http://local.yahoo.com/info-32230674-simply-heavenly-sweets-fayetteville?tab=photos#photos[/url]

Looks like the many tier and fountains is kinda her thing.

SaraClassic Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SaraClassic Posted 2 Aug 2009 , 9:45pm
post #15 of 56

Some people just want big even if it calls for plastic pillars I guess. Thats a lot of work, but are the layers a bit thin to you? Whew, never mind the cakes, Id charge $200+ to set all that up !

cylstrial Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cylstrial Posted 2 Aug 2009 , 10:17pm
post #16 of 56

Good heavens! How many people do they know??? I would love to read that whole article!

lomikesa Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lomikesa Posted 2 Aug 2009 , 10:18pm
post #17 of 56

Why do we have to so critical! Maybe for some of you the fountains and pillar are out of date, but I still think it looks very tastefully done. There are customers who like these type of elaborate settings, and even though it would not be what I would like for my own wedding I would still do it if it is what the customer wants.

Please be nice!!

Lomikesa

indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 2 Aug 2009 , 10:20pm
post #18 of 56

Wow, I'd just love the opportunity to do a large cake like that.

Fountains and pillars are out? Really? I did one just a couple of weeks ago. icon_biggrin.gif

indydebi Posted 2 Aug 2009 , 10:33pm
post #19 of 56

Just estimating the sizes of the cakes, I figured over 1500 servings.

umgrzfn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
umgrzfn Posted 2 Aug 2009 , 10:36pm
post #20 of 56
Quote:
Originally Posted by kilikina_24

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsilvest

There are more photos of their cakes here.
[url]
http://local.yahoo.com/info-32230674-simply-heavenly-sweets-fayetteville?tab=photos#photos[/url]

Looks like the many tier and fountains is kinda her thing.

Just what I was gonna say. They all seem to follow the same theme. She does an amazing job setting up...except this one! All I could think was "TIMBER"!! http://local.yahoo.com/info-32230674-simply-heavenly-sweets-fayetteville?tab=photos#photos[/url]
It would stress me out that's for sure! WAY to many fountains for me, but she does a great job setting them all up and making them look great!

umgrzfn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
umgrzfn Posted 2 Aug 2009 , 10:39pm
post #21 of 56
Quote:
Originally Posted by indydebi

Wow, I'd just love the opportunity to do a large cake like that.

Fountains and pillars are out? Really? I did one just a couple of weeks ago. icon_biggrin.gif

I took the comment as meaning that many fountains and stacked cakes for one wedding. Maybe I'm mistaking. Something tells me indy that yours wouldn't look simple. I'm not saying this cake was simple by no means, but considering some of the cakes out there...I bet yours would be AMAZING indy!!!!

OhMyGanache Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
OhMyGanache Posted 2 Aug 2009 , 10:41pm
post #22 of 56
Quote:
Originally Posted by lomikesa

Why do we have to so critical! Maybe for some of you the fountains and pillar are out of date, but I still think it looks very tastefully done. There are customers who like these type of elaborate settings, and even though it would not be what I would like for my own wedding I would still do it if it is what the customer wants.

Please be nice!!

Lomikesa

I can't stand pillars and fountains... I never said a word about the decorator or the work on the cake itself.

costumeczar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
costumeczar Posted 2 Aug 2009 , 10:45pm
post #23 of 56
Quote:
Originally Posted by OhMyGanache

Quote:

Please be nice!!

Lomikesa

I can't stand pillars and fountains... I never said a word about the decorator or the work on the cake itself.

Pillars and fountains are old-fashioned, whether anyone wants to believe it or not, but there will always be someone who wants them. It's up to the baker to decide whether to do them or not (I don't, but I refer people to the bakery that does if they want that style!)

In my mind that style of cake would go with a wedding dress that had the poofy Princess Diana wedding dress sleeves...Very 1980's. (But they apparently still sell those dresses, too.)

Rylan Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Rylan Posted 2 Aug 2009 , 10:47pm
post #24 of 56
Quote:

Please be nice!!

Lomikesa

Totally agree with you TOTALLY.

cupcake_cutie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cupcake_cutie Posted 2 Aug 2009 , 10:54pm
post #25 of 56

Her cakes look beautiful to me and her presentation is what really sets it off! She's also a wedding coordinator! I think that that's wonderful!

elvis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
elvis Posted 2 Aug 2009 , 11:09pm
post #26 of 56

Whoa!! I'm sure they were stable, but I can just imagine someone bumping the table and having a domino effect...the way they are all lined up in a row icon_smile.gif She did a great job with the cakes...for all we know, fountains and pillars aren't her taste either!

xstitcher Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
xstitcher Posted 2 Aug 2009 , 11:18pm
post #27 of 56
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug

Quote:

I got a grand total of 24 after looking at the 2nd link. It's not my personal taste either but I'm sure the bride & groom loved it.

indydebi Posted 2 Aug 2009 , 11:23pm
post #28 of 56

by going thru her photos, it looks like she's found a niche market (that would pay VERY well, based on the size of those cakes!!! thumbs_up.gif ) who appreciates the wedding cake as the (as I love to say!) "Grand Centerpiece" of their reception!

I envy her!

angelcakes5 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
angelcakes5 Posted 2 Aug 2009 , 11:48pm
post #29 of 56

I just did my very first tall pillars, fountain and bridge cake ever since I started. It took me forever to set up and the cakes were already decorated. I give this lady alot of credit. And I agree I will do whatever the customers wants!!

JanH Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JanH Posted 2 Aug 2009 , 11:49pm
post #30 of 56

Thanks Doug. icon_biggrin.gif

Thanks dsilvest. thumbs_up.gif

The photo of the cake from the front, instead of the side really shows it off to perfection in all its symmetry.

Her other cakes are also all beautiful. (And the table decorations are gorgeous.)

Can understand why she doesn't have a website, she's probably too busy!!!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%