Fondant Delivered With Seal Broken

Decorating By imanah Updated 3 Aug 2009 , 3:14am by AlanT

imanah Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
imanah Posted 2 Aug 2009 , 8:29pm
post #1 of 9

A few days ago I recieved some satin ice fondant from global sugar arts. Two of the 2lb tubs were previously open (seal broken and lid doesnt close at all) and had tape around it.

The 5lb satin ice was fine and perfectly intact.

I sent an email to GSA and I received no response. I personally do not like to order anything that has a broken seal. I asked them for their opinion and I have yet to even receive an acknowledgment.

I'm just thinking not to order fondant from them anymore, am I wrong?

Thanks

8 replies
Deb_ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Deb_ Posted 2 Aug 2009 , 8:44pm
post #2 of 9

I would definitely make them take those containers back at THEIR expense. That is just not good business.....it sounds like they re-taped the container closed and resold it. thumbsdown.gif

OhMyGanache Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
OhMyGanache Posted 2 Aug 2009 , 9:13pm
post #3 of 9

I would give them a call. One of the small containers of colored fondant I ordered from them arrived broken - but I didn't notice it and when I went to open it, the fondant was dried out and useless. Unfortunately, I didn't open it for several months after I ordered it - too late to return. They did offer me a credit though - which I keep forgetting to use every time I order from them. LOL!

I wouldn't come on here and complain about a company before you actually talk to someone and give them a chance to rectify the situation - I think that's a bit unfair.

-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 2 Aug 2009 , 9:43pm
post #4 of 9

She said she sent an email.

Jackie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jackie Posted 2 Aug 2009 , 9:53pm
post #5 of 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by imanah

A few days ago I recieved some fondant from . Two of the 2lb tubs were previously open (seal broken and lid doesnt close at all) and had tape around it.

The 5lb was fine and perfectly intact.

I sent an email to and I received no response. I personally do not like to order anything that has a broken seal. I asked them for their opinion and I have yet to even receive an acknowledgment.

I'm just thinking not to order fondant from them anymore, am I wrong?

Thanks

You may not be able to get a response til monday, correct me if I am wrong, but I believe they are closed on Sundays.

GlobalSugarArt prides themselves on their customer service, and have an OUTSTANDING track record. That is the main reason we refer people to their business.

If there was anything at all wrong with your order, I am 100% positive they will correct the problem.

OhMyGanache Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
OhMyGanache Posted 2 Aug 2009 , 10:09pm
post #6 of 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by k8memphis

She said she sent an email.

She did not say when day/time she sent the email and how long they've had to respond. Also, emails occasionally get sucked into black holes... I've had people upset that I didn't respond to them, when in fact, their message was directed into my spam folder (which I only check occasionally because it's only grabbed the wrong messages a handful of times in 5 years.)

imanah Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
imanah Posted 2 Aug 2009 , 11:38pm
post #7 of 9

I sent the email the same day I received the fondant which was Wednesday the 29th.

I was just curious what you guys thought, I was contemplating wether to use it or not because I was in a crunch. Then I was just thinking if I buy something, I would'nt buy it with the seal broken.

I also made it a point in my email that the fondant could possibly dry out.

I'm not trying to knock any company out there unfairly, I have had an issue before and GSA was more then accomidating.

My only concern is I am not a home hobbiest, I have customers to think about and I don't want to use something that can be potentially contaminated and myself liable. That's just my thought....

Thanks for your responses, I'll give them a call Mondayicon_smile.gif

Deb_ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Deb_ Posted 3 Aug 2009 , 2:57am
post #8 of 9

I agree with you I wouldn't use anything that came with a broken seal, whether it was for a paying customer or my own consumption.

AlanT Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AlanT Posted 3 Aug 2009 , 3:14am
post #9 of 9

Please forgive me for not responding sooner. I have been at the ICES convention in St. Charles. I check all my emails daily and did not find any email regarding this matter. Once again, it is always appreciated if you make contact with us prior to posting.

Satin Ice no longer sells their 2 pound fondant with a saftey seal lid. For this reason, we have started taping down ALL the lids on 2 pound gumpaste and fondant because they easily pop off in shipping. This happens the most during hot weather when the container becomes more pliable. All Satin Ice is packaged in an inner plastic bag to protect it should the top pop off. We have notified Satin Ice regarding this issue.

Please call our store directly at 800-420-6088 to resolve any issue if you do not get an email reply. Either we or Satin Ice will certainly stand by the products quality. Alan

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%