First Attempt At Mmf--Couple Of Questions!

Decorating By mindy1204 Updated 2 Aug 2009 , 6:34pm by Deb_

mindy1204 Posted 2 Aug 2009 , 6:27pm
post #1 of 2

I made my first ever batch of MMF today. I melted the MM in the mirco and used a large bowl to mix it in. I think it went well however I have little hard spots in my fondant. I know they are from the powdered sugar. Should I have sifted it first? I know I have to let it sit until tomorrow will that help at all. Tomorrow I am going to add color, will I need to add additional powdered sugar tomorrow. I used about 2/3 of a bag of sugar.

I have to say if it is as easy to work as it tastes I will try my hand at a covered fondant cake soon. I have tried on half covered and no one like it. I likes the taste of it.

Also the consistency of the MMF should be as stiff as Wilton? In the directions it says add sugar until not sticky which I did but it seems a little soft. Will it stiffen up to be more like Wilton?

TIA

1 reply
Deb_ Posted 2 Aug 2009 , 6:34pm
post #2 of 2

Hi Mindy,

Yes those small lumps you see should melt away into the fondant by tomorrow. I always allow my MMF to sit over night before I attempt to use it and I never sift my powdered sugar. I do make mine in my KA mixer though, so I'm not sure if that makes a difference.

You may need to kneed (that's a lot of needs icon_lol.gif ) a little more PS in tomorrow, just check the consistency first.

HTH

Good luck!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%