Need To Make Midnight Blue Gumpaste

Decorating By peytonsgammy Updated 2 Aug 2009 , 11:11am by jennabell441

peytonsgammy Posted 2 Aug 2009 , 10:29am
post #1 of 2

I need to make midnight blue gumpaste.

I have food color in AmeriColor (Brown, Sky Blue, Violet, Teal, Lemon Yellow, Orange, Royal Blue, Deep Pink, Leaf Green, Fuschia, Super Red & Super Black) and Wilton (Lemon Yellow, Golden Yellow, Pink, No-Taste Red, Burgundy, Violet, Royal Blue, Teal, Kelly Green, Copper, Brown and Black).

I tried to mix AmeriColor with mostly super black and then added some Royal Blue. The reason being is another time I used super black and let it set it turned a pretty dark dark blue. I needed it black so I added brown and it turned a dull black. So I thought if I added blue this time it would turn it more blue. Nope, it turned it a nice deep dark black after sitting for awhile. So I have put that aside for another use.

(I made my first batch of homemade gumpaste. Won't do that again because my mixer, that I thought was big enough to handle it, just about died. Definately need a KitchenAid mixer for that recipe.)

Anyway, would really love any tips on how to make a midnight blue color. icon_biggrin.gif Thanks!

Peytonsgammy

1 reply
jennabell441 Posted 2 Aug 2009 , 11:11am
post #2 of 2

I have never made midnight blue but if I were doing it I would probably start out with the royal blue and then add small amounts of black until you get the color you want. Here is a bump.
Jen

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%