Candy Clay Roses

Decorating By maam1993 Updated 3 Aug 2009 , 3:13am by tatorchip

maam1993 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
maam1993 Posted 1 Aug 2009 , 9:39pm
post #1 of 20

Can roses be made of candy clay? If so, is the process the same as making roses with fondant? Any help appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Maam1993

19 replies
JanH Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JanH Posted 1 Aug 2009 , 10:24pm
post #2 of 20

Yes. icon_smile.gif

Here's a link to Wilton's how to on ribbon roses:

http://www.wilton.com/technique/Fondant-Ribbon-Rose

This thread has youtube videos and more:

http://www.cakecentral.com/cake-decorating-ftopict-638483-.html

A thread on tootsie roll roses:

http://www.cakecentral.com/cake-decorating-ftopict-29837.html

HTH

maam1993 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
maam1993 Posted 1 Aug 2009 , 10:44pm
post #3 of 20

Thanks so much, Jan H. I saw the Wilton ribbon roses instructions, but wasn't sure it would work on the candy clay. Once again, CC to the rescue!

Maam1993

JanH Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JanH Posted 1 Aug 2009 , 10:48pm
post #4 of 20

You're most welcome, Maam1993. icon_biggrin.gif

tatorchip Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tatorchip Posted 2 Aug 2009 , 4:32am
post #5 of 20

thumbs_up.gif Thanks JanH for the tootsie roll roses link I will make them in the morning

umgrzfn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
umgrzfn Posted 2 Aug 2009 , 4:49am
post #6 of 20

Yes. I just posted a pic of ones I made fr a wedding today!

tatorchip Posted 2 Aug 2009 , 5:36am
post #7 of 20

where did you post it I would love to see it

kansaswolf Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kansaswolf Posted 2 Aug 2009 , 6:04am
post #8 of 20

I made candy clay roses for a 4 tier wedding cake in May, it's in my pictures... I think it's my favorite medium for roses!

umgrzfn Posted 2 Aug 2009 , 6:56am
post #9 of 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by tatorchip

where did you post it I would love to see it

Here's the pic of the cuppies that I did with white chocolate candy clay roses....
LL

xstitcher Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
xstitcher Posted 2 Aug 2009 , 7:06am
post #10 of 20

Serious_Cakes has a video tutorial on youtube on how to make candy (chocolate) clay roses. Here's the link:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZpcMYqJ15GQ&feature=PlayList&p=0B89B953FC350E7B&playnext=1&playnext_from=PL&index=21

Here's another one:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RrsgFcE1xMc&feature=related

HTH! icon_smile.gif

tatorchip Posted 2 Aug 2009 , 7:38am
post #11 of 20

OMG you'll are so kind, I will forever be thankful the links were great and the cuppies were beautiful thanks for posting. The cake was unreal I can't wait till I get to that stage. I will, and I will remember the night I stayed up so late because I was so excited about the info and can't go to sleep now icon_lol.gif thank you'll again

tatorchip Posted 2 Aug 2009 , 7:52am
post #12 of 20

this is the only cake I ever made, my daughter had taken a class a few years ago for extra money she is in nursing school RN and she walked me threw it but she did her cake bigger and nicer and I did mine all by myself lol I couldn't get the photo attached but it is in my photos icon_redface.gif

xstitcher Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
xstitcher Posted 2 Aug 2009 , 8:03am
post #13 of 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by tatorchip

this is the only cake I ever made, my daughter had taken a class a few years ago for extra money she is in nursing school RN and she walked me threw it but she did her cake bigger and nicer and I did mine all by myself lol I couldn't get the photo attached but it is in my photos icon_redface.gif

First off let me say welcome to CC!

Second you did an amazing job on your first cake and it sounds delish to boot!

Third, I was going to post a comment on your cake under your photo but it looks like you do not have the comment option enabled in your profile. If you go into your profile (left side of the screen) and click yes to "Allow other members to post comments on my photos" under the preferences option. If you want to receive CC's newsletter by email you'll want to select that option as well. It will let you know about new and upcoming events on CC.

Great job! icon_smile.gif

tatorchip Posted 2 Aug 2009 , 8:23am
post #14 of 20

Thank you xstitcher, I went to profile and I think I fixed it. Love CC and everyone is so nice yeah. Thank you for the complament on my cake. I have been practicing alot and I plan on making another one Monday. I will use all the tips on the candy roses. Thanks again

cylstrial Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cylstrial Posted 2 Aug 2009 , 6:22pm
post #15 of 20

umgrzfn - i love your candy clay roses! They turned out great!

umgrzfn Posted 2 Aug 2009 , 10:27pm
post #16 of 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by cylstrial

umgrzfn - i love your candy clay roses! They turned out great!

Thank you! Making roses is probably my favorite thing to do for decorations!

tatorchip Posted 3 Aug 2009 , 12:59am
post #17 of 20

I am using the starburst candy and it is sticky can anyone let me know if I can use anything with the candy to keep it from being sticky
Thanks

kansaswolf Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kansaswolf Posted 3 Aug 2009 , 1:33am
post #18 of 20

Wash your hands frequently. Once your hands get sticky, it's hard to mold stuff. Handle it as little as possible, and use two sheets of waxed paper to help smooth it out into a sheet. Mostly handle it as little as possible and once it's rolled or stretched out thin enough, keep it cool. Also, once it's made into a rose, keep it VERY cool, because they'll melt into little blobs pretty quickly if it gets warm!

tatorchip Posted 3 Aug 2009 , 1:44am
post #19 of 20

wow thanks, I'll go outside and get it out of the yard and try that. icon_lol.gif
I really thank you

tatorchip Posted 3 Aug 2009 , 3:13am
post #20 of 20

thanks kansaswolf I made it and you were so right it melts fast but I did it, my hubby told me to put cold water in a bowl and that helped keep my hands clean and cold. I have pics of the rose in my photos I still need lots of practice, I never even made one with fondant maybe I need to practice with that first icon_lol.gif
thanks again

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%