Why Should I Wait? Funeral Don't Don't Waite For No One

Decorating By CandystorePA Updated 2 Aug 2009 , 8:38pm by Deb_

CandystorePA  Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CandystorePA Posted 1 Aug 2009 , 6:32pm
post #1 of 7

I had an order for 5 dozen princess cupcakes in 4 different buttercreme color frosting , plus princess toppers for today.
since yesterday I been calling the mother since 1 p.m. for where should the cupcakes be deliver. My Dearest friend died unexpectably on Monday and today was her funeral at 11 a.m.

First I was delivering her the cupcakes as a favor because she didn't have anyone to pick them up. Then she was supposed to have the address of the venue to me since 711/09 but had to change the location due to no fault of her but still I needed the address.
When I talk to her yesterday at 1 p.m. she said "I will call you back in 15 minutes with the address". I waited until 3 p.m. and no call then I called her for 4 times and no call back. I didn't get a call back until 10:30 when she was at my door, only after I left a message that I was gonna go the funeral and will be back at 3 p.m. The cupcakes has been ready since 10 a.m. . i got up at 5 and made all the cupcakes and frosting so that everything was fresh for today. I don't know how to freeze and defrost cupcake LOL

Was I wrong to be mad
LL
LL

6 replies
 Doug  Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Doug Posted 1 Aug 2009 , 6:40pm
post #2 of 7

absolutely freaking NOT.

I would have left a note on the door: See you after 3PM when I'm back from the funeral.

CandystorePA  Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CandystorePA Posted 1 Aug 2009 , 6:44pm
post #3 of 7

also forgot to mention that I also made I made 48 minutes cupcakes w/fondant cutouts and princess toppers in the same 4 colors fresh this morning.

kakeladi  Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 1 Aug 2009 , 8:13pm
post #4 of 7

You handled it just as I would have.
Their forgetfulness does make an emergency for you! (or something like that is often quoted around here) LOL

cylstrial  Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cylstrial Posted 2 Aug 2009 , 8:17pm
post #5 of 7

You did the right thing. That's not fair for that lady to treat you like that. Funeral's are things that you have to go. Period.

lardbutt  Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lardbutt Posted 2 Aug 2009 , 8:38pm
post #6 of 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by kakeladi

You handled it just as I would have.
Their forgetfulness does make an emergency for you! (or something like that is often quoted around here) LOL

It's from indydebi and I quote it all the time!
"Your lack of planning is not my emergency"!

Deb_  Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Deb_ Posted 2 Aug 2009 , 8:38pm
post #7 of 7

No you were not wrong to be mad........and I'm so sorry about your dear friend's passing.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%