Why Should I Wait? Funeral Don't Don't Waite For No One

Decorating By CandystorePA Updated 2 Aug 2009 , 8:38pm by Deb_

CandystorePA Posted 1 Aug 2009 , 6:32pm
post #1 of 7

I had an order for 5 dozen princess cupcakes in 4 different buttercreme color frosting , plus princess toppers for today.
since yesterday I been calling the mother since 1 p.m. for where should the cupcakes be deliver. My Dearest friend died unexpectably on Monday and today was her funeral at 11 a.m.

First I was delivering her the cupcakes as a favor because she didn't have anyone to pick them up. Then she was supposed to have the address of the venue to me since 711/09 but had to change the location due to no fault of her but still I needed the address.
When I talk to her yesterday at 1 p.m. she said "I will call you back in 15 minutes with the address". I waited until 3 p.m. and no call then I called her for 4 times and no call back. I didn't get a call back until 10:30 when she was at my door, only after I left a message that I was gonna go the funeral and will be back at 3 p.m. The cupcakes has been ready since 10 a.m. . i got up at 5 and made all the cupcakes and frosting so that everything was fresh for today. I don't know how to freeze and defrost cupcake LOL

Was I wrong to be mad
LL
LL

6 replies
Doug Posted 1 Aug 2009 , 6:40pm
post #2 of 7

absolutely freaking NOT.

I would have left a note on the door: See you after 3PM when I'm back from the funeral.

CandystorePA Posted 1 Aug 2009 , 6:44pm
post #3 of 7

also forgot to mention that I also made I made 48 minutes cupcakes w/fondant cutouts and princess toppers in the same 4 colors fresh this morning.

kakeladi Posted 1 Aug 2009 , 8:13pm
post #4 of 7

You handled it just as I would have.
Their forgetfulness does make an emergency for you! (or something like that is often quoted around here) LOL

cylstrial Posted 2 Aug 2009 , 8:17pm
post #5 of 7

You did the right thing. That's not fair for that lady to treat you like that. Funeral's are things that you have to go. Period.

lardbutt Posted 2 Aug 2009 , 8:38pm
post #6 of 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by kakeladi

You handled it just as I would have.
Their forgetfulness does make an emergency for you! (or something like that is often quoted around here) LOL

It's from indydebi and I quote it all the time!
"Your lack of planning is not my emergency"!

Deb_ Posted 2 Aug 2009 , 8:38pm
post #7 of 7

No you were not wrong to be mad........and I'm so sorry about your dear friend's passing.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%