Lustre Spray

Decorating By radtech Updated 1 Aug 2009 , 2:31pm by drakegore

radtech Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
radtech Posted 1 Aug 2009 , 1:50pm
post #1 of 4

I was wondering if anyone has used the lustre spray that is offered on
Global Sugar Art website. Isit a product that you can use to spray on a wedding cake covered with buttercream to give it a shimmer? Do you use it like a air brush (which I do not own)?

3 replies
drakegore Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
drakegore Posted 1 Aug 2009 , 2:20pm
post #2 of 4

i don't have an airbrush (yet...) so i use this to get overall shimmer on buttercream and on fondant/gumpaste decorations.

if you've used spray paint before, you can use this, lol.

i love the pearl shimmer so much that i just bought the gold and can't wait to experiment with it icon_smile.gif.

diane

radtech Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
radtech Posted 1 Aug 2009 , 2:24pm
post #3 of 4

Thanks drakekgore! I was thinking of using the pearl for the wedding cake of my daughters best friend. She wanted the cake to have shimmer effect but like I said I don't have an airbrush and don't do enough cakes to justify buying on icon_sad.gif I am going to oreder some today!

drakegore Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
drakegore Posted 1 Aug 2009 , 2:31pm
post #4 of 4

i bought my pearl on ebay from rezzycakes and i think she is a member here. if you aren't making a big purchase and don't want to pay $7.00 in shipping, this is a good option.

http://cgi.ebay.com/PME-LUSTER-SPRAY-RED-Spray-on-edible-lustre-dust_W0QQitemZ380112812387QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_0?hash=item58807d3963&_trksid=p4634.c0.m14.l1262

i didn't see any pearl shimmer currently listed, but you could email her and see if she has it in stock.

diane

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%