Laura102777 Posted 1 Aug 2009 , 1:40pm
post #1 of

I'm trying to decide if this cake needs something more. It's for a baby shower. They don't want anything written on it, and I figured I would just go for an understated design, but all the white space is making me nervous. Would you add something else or leave it alone? I have about an hour and a half until delivery.
LL

16 replies
BeeBoos-8599_ Posted 1 Aug 2009 , 1:48pm
post #2 of

I would do a small border around the image. I like that it has the tattered edges but that may help give it a finished look. Is that a buttercream transfer? I have never done one before. Cute cake!

Laura102777 Posted 1 Aug 2009 , 1:57pm
post #3 of

Yeah, it's a buttercream transfer, and I did the rough edges on the transfer on purpose. I probably should've made the image bigger, and then I wouldn't be worrying about it, but it's too late now.

It's for my cousin, and she's always thrilled with whatever I make, but I just wanted to make sure it looks the best it can.

AmazeMe Posted 1 Aug 2009 , 2:02pm
post #4 of

I think it looks great the way it is

bcake1960 Posted 1 Aug 2009 , 2:06pm
post #5 of

how about some small stars or dots... ?? Cute cake .... you did a great job on the transfer. Im sure she will love it the way it is..

whisperingmadcow Posted 1 Aug 2009 , 2:16pm
post #6 of

I think it looks cute the way it is. If it really makes you nervous I like the stars idea. Maybe in yellow to match the stars in the transfer.

Ruth52 Posted 1 Aug 2009 , 2:22pm
post #7 of

If anything, I'd add sprinkles or dots around the top and perhaps a color boarder around the edge at the top. Let us see the final turnout!

cylstrial Posted 1 Aug 2009 , 2:29pm
post #8 of

I like the tattered edges of the buttercream transfer. I think it looks cool. I think some sprinkles or something around the buttercream transfer would look nice.

Win Posted 1 Aug 2009 , 2:37pm
post #9 of

LOVE the tattered border around the picture, and would not touch that. Instead, I'd take the blue from the lower border and add a second border around the top white. It's really precious and, truly, does not need anything additional, but if you wanted that's what I'd do...

Rylan Posted 1 Aug 2009 , 3:02pm

I like it that way. Simple and clean.

jammjenks Posted 1 Aug 2009 , 3:32pm

I know it is to late now, but maybe this will be of use in the future. When I have open space like that, I like to fill it in with a wavy frame. Like this:
LL

Laura102777 Posted 1 Aug 2009 , 4:14pm

Okay, well since the white space was bothering me, here's what I did. I'm not sure if it was a good idea or if I should've just left it alone, but I felt like I should add a little something.

Thanks everybody for your help!
LL

BeeBoos-8599_ Posted 1 Aug 2009 , 4:44pm

Perfect!

cylstrial Posted 1 Aug 2009 , 7:58pm

Laura - I love what you did! It makes it look like the picture has a little frame! Great job!

tonedna Posted 1 Aug 2009 , 8:07pm

Yeah!...great job with the frame..looks more sweet and whimsical..
Edna icon_smile.gif

Ruth52 Posted 1 Aug 2009 , 8:17pm

Adorable - looks like it should be there!!! Better than the sprinkles!

Win Posted 1 Aug 2009 , 9:38pm
Quote:
Originally Posted by Laura102777

Okay, well since the white space was bothering me, here's what I did. I'm not sure if it was a good idea or if I should've just left it alone, but I felt like I should add a little something.

Thanks everybody for your help!

Laura... that is adorable and perfect! "Ya dun good!"

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%