Luck's Transfer Sheets With Chocolate????

Decorating By Kake-Girl Updated 1 Aug 2009 , 12:36pm by MORSELSBYMARK

Kake-Girl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kake-Girl Posted 1 Aug 2009 , 11:38am
post #1 of 5

Can you use Luck's edible image transfer sheets in the same way as regular chocolate transfers (i.e. spread thin layer of chocolate over top of the sheet and apply to cake)? The directions that came with the sheets are for buttercream and fondant. They do mention that the sheets look good on chocolate, but no directions.

4 replies
mcdonald Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mcdonald Posted 1 Aug 2009 , 12:12pm
post #2 of 5

good question and I am sorry but I am not sure. I use Luck's all the time and work great on buttercream. I would think once the chocolate is hard, you could lay the transfer on it. You might need to mist a bit maybe to get the sugar to meld on the chocolate..... just a thought. You might also go to their website and see if there is any info there.

sorry I can't be of more help. If you have a spare piece, I would experiment and see what happens.

peg818 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
peg818 Posted 1 Aug 2009 , 12:17pm
post #3 of 5

I haven't done it with lucks brand, but with the edible images you print yourself you can do it. So i don't see why you wouldn't be able to use a commercial one.

cylstrial Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cylstrial Posted 1 Aug 2009 , 12:33pm
post #4 of 5

Here is the link about how to use chocolate transfers.

http://lucks.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=page&pageid=1249

MORSELSBYMARK Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MORSELSBYMARK Posted 1 Aug 2009 , 12:36pm
post #5 of 5

Those transfer are specific for chocolate - it's lucks' new line. I hope they come out with transfer sheets for our printers for chocolate. Otherwise the backgtound turns a light violet color.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%