Best Scratch White Cake?

Baking By makeminepink Updated 1 Aug 2009 , 11:40pm by ceshell

makeminepink Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
makeminepink Posted 1 Aug 2009 , 3:32am
post #1 of 5

I've been searching and searching... thought I'd seen a scratch-off for white cake. Can anyone direct me to it? I see the one for yellow and for chocolate. Thanks!

4 replies
JanH Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ZlatkaT Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ZlatkaT Posted 1 Aug 2009 , 4:51pm
post #3 of 5

I really like very much WASC recipe from this site. It is not 100% from scratch, but doctored recipe, but it is very tasty.

JanH Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JanH Posted 1 Aug 2009 , 9:50pm
post #4 of 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZlatkaT

I really like very much WASC recipe from this site. It is not 100% from scratch, but doctored recipe, but it is very tasty.

Me, too! icon_smile.gifthumbs_up.gif

Everything you need to know to make, decorate and assemble tiered/stacked/layer cakes:

http://www.cakecentral.com/cake-decorating-ftopict-605188-.html

Above superthread has popular CC recipes for American buttercreams, several types of fondant and doctored cake mix (WASC and other flavor variations) - and so much more!

HTH

ceshell Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ceshell Posted 1 Aug 2009 , 11:40pm
post #5 of 5

We didn't do a scratch off for white cakes - so the "white cake" recipe you need might actually appear in the yellow cakes thread thumbs_up.gif. There are previous threads where people weigh in on their favorite white cakes though, but I don't have specific links - you might just find them in gallery searches. That was how I initially found the White on White buttermilk cake (my scratch fave and one of the white cakes in our yellow bakeoff.)

The links JanH posted are the original "Scratch Bakers Post Your BEST Recipes!" thread and then, since it was corrupted by a database crash in 2008, it continues on the second link. (FYI Please don't post in the corrupted thread, which you will notice appears to have 29 pages but the content only goes up to page 26.)

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%