Cheese Cake Wedding Cake?

Decorating By vera Updated 1 Aug 2009 , 2:53pm by Rylan

vera Posted 31 Jul 2009 , 9:54pm
post #1 of 4

Just received a order for a Cheese Cake Wedding Cake, just wondering if anyone out there has made one. Let's talk.

3 replies
costumeczar Posted 1 Aug 2009 , 1:48am
post #2 of 4

I make them and stack and ice them like a normal wedding cake. You have to use meringue buttercream, the crisco-based ones will not stick to the cheesecake the right way.

Don't do them in the summer months, it's just too hot. They soften up a lot, and if it's hot it will be worse. You can let them sit out, but it's better to deliver as close to the reception start as possible and tell the bride that the cake should be cut early on, unless they can keep it refrigerated somewhere.

CandyLady Posted 1 Aug 2009 , 1:55pm
post #3 of 4

I did a wedding in cheesecakes...did not stack them though...used satellite stands and they were stunning...I did frost and decorate in buttercream and used fondants leaves covered in lustre dust around the bottoms...the were great..it as an outdoor wedding in a gazebo of a hall and I asked the caterer several times to chill them after the wedding pics were taken...never did but they still tasted divine....used a rasberry swirl and chocolate swirl. Easy, baked in regular cake pans lined in parchment, if that helps you...chocolate crust. Bought stands from cake deco...they are laid out in a semi circle. Put ferns and silk flowers around base. you can also fill the tubes they stan on wit ferns and led lights. Candles on the table.

Rylan Posted 1 Aug 2009 , 2:53pm
post #4 of 4

There is this one place in the Bay Area who specialized in decorated cheesecake wedding cakes. I thought it was made of fondant but when I called them, they said it was chocolate.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%