Quilted Look

Decorating By Sykesgirl Updated 31 Jul 2009 , 10:27pm by ninatat

Sykesgirl Posted 31 Jul 2009 , 7:31pm
post #1 of 8

I have seen wedding cakes and the purse cakes with the "quilt" look on them. How is that done?


7 replies
Doug Posted 31 Jul 2009 , 7:48pm
post #3 of 8

ALSO -- get a drafting triangle (or make one out of stiff card stock)

they come in 45degree and 60/30 degree types.


you can get these in any office supply store.

(if you watch CakeBoss you see Buddy using the 45 degree one all the time to do quilting)

Sykesgirl Posted 31 Jul 2009 , 7:54pm
post #4 of 8

Thanks for all of your help! I will give it a try.

MyDiwa Posted 31 Jul 2009 , 7:56pm
post #5 of 8

I use this impression mat. You can get it in different sizes.


Patchwork cutters also have one with a little design in the middle.

Then I go over it with a quilting tool.


But I think you can get a cheaper version of the tool in fabric stores.

__Jamie__ Posted 31 Jul 2009 , 7:57pm
post #6 of 8

Jennifer Dontz' copper cutter, best tool ever. It's what I use. Clean lines, and go over it with a wheel, or not, looks gorgeous!

Vickisue Posted 31 Jul 2009 , 8:10pm
post #7 of 8

I've also used a tracing wheel (from the fabric dept.)

ninatat Posted 31 Jul 2009 , 10:27pm
post #8 of 8

hi all i bought the ones in the tin box of about 10 i can see you have to hold them up to the cake so they end up even at the top or do you know any other way to use these, do you start at the top. their like 2 triangles put togeather thanks all

Quote by @%username% on %date%