Business Plan

Business By beamom Updated 3 Aug 2009 , 1:09pm by CakeForte

beamom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
beamom Posted 31 Jul 2009 , 4:40pm
post #1 of 10

I am happy to report that I am increasing sales to a point where I can move out of my home and into a commercial space. However, I'm trying to come up with some unique way of obtain some addtional ways to come up with financing everything and get my business plan together. is there in one in the DC, MD, VA area or any area that can help me. I really would like to know if someone would be willing to share there business plan. I am having a tough time in this area icon_cry.gificon_cry.gificon_cry.gificon_cry.gif

9 replies
Sox-n-Pats Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sox-n-Pats Posted 31 Jul 2009 , 5:43pm
post #2 of 10

do a google search for start up business plan help- and then add your area.

There are free consultants out there (we have one here in Vegas) and they will meet with you and help guide you through the process. You just have to search for them.

Good luck

flourpowerMN Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
flourpowerMN Posted 31 Jul 2009 , 7:04pm
post #3 of 10

Both the Small Business Administration (SBA) and Entrepreneur.com websites have some GREAT info on start-up financing and business plans.

What part of the business plan are you having trouble with?

Personally, I think it's a great exercise to go through all of the business planning steps yourself. Yes, there are areas that you might not be good at (for me it's the number crunching), but you should be the one that is formulating the vision & direction you want the business to go. I highly recommend checking out the websites above...they have great step-by-step instructions.

Congrats on your first steps!

beamom Posted 1 Aug 2009 , 2:05am
post #4 of 10

thanks for the information. The number crunch is really giving me the blues. I am going to check out the sites you both recommended

lozpa Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lozpa Posted 1 Aug 2009 , 6:21pm
post #5 of 10

There is a wonderful site called: Myownbusiness.com try that out it have a very simple guide that i use with my Adult Education Class.

imanah Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
imanah Posted 1 Aug 2009 , 6:38pm
post #6 of 10

congrats...I would say try to read business for dummies...it goes somthing like that, check it on Amazon. They go into business plans I think.

Congrats on your success! Don't let the business plan hold you down.

lozpa Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lozpa Posted 1 Aug 2009 , 7:12pm
post #7 of 10

I had to do some searching but: Take a look at BPlan.com they have sample bakery business plans you can use as a template for yourself.

indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 1 Aug 2009 , 10:03pm
post #8 of 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by flourpowerMN

Personally, I think it's a great exercise to go through all of the business planning steps yourself. Yes, there are areas that you might not be good at (for me it's the number crunching), but you should be the one that is formulating the vision & direction you want the business to go. I highly recommend checking out the websites above...they have great step-by-step instructions.

Congrats on the growth of your business! thumbs_up.gif

flourpower is right. As a matter of fact, one of the banks I went to flat out told me, "Banks rarely read this whole thing. It's more of an exercise for YOU to go thru so you know what you need and what you have to do."

I loved doing the marketing part, but paid my CPA to do the accounting stuff. I still had to give him numbers (my cost to make a cake, selling price per cake, number of cakes I expect to sell, cost of equipment, etc) and he used those to create projected sales, start up revenue, break-even chart, etc.

I've shared my biz plan with quite a few and I'm happy to share it with you so you have a template to follow. If interested, email me (do not PM ... EMAIL)

beamom Posted 2 Aug 2009 , 4:31pm
post #9 of 10

You were very fast. Thanks so much indydebi

CakeForte Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakeForte Posted 3 Aug 2009 , 1:09pm
post #10 of 10

Small business development centers (SBDC) also off free counseling and business assistance. They are a part of the SBA.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%