What To Use For Inside Walls

Business By dogwood Updated 31 Jul 2009 , 7:21pm by dogwood

dogwood Posted 31 Jul 2009 , 2:44pm
post #1 of 4

I have finally ordered a building to store my cake stuff in even though I won't be able to bake in it I can at least have all my things organized so that I can find what I need when I need it and I will have a work area so that I can sit and decorate and do fondant work. It's a wood building that I'm have a single 36" steel door put on the front and a side and back window. We will be putting in insulation and then an inside wall. My question is what to put on the inside walls. I think I recall reading on a thread on this site that you can't have wooden walls or paneling. I can understand the wooden walls because of the cleaning factor but I don't understand why you wouldn't be able to use paneling. I personally would love to have sheet rock so I could paint it but my husband and his friend say that if I put sheet rock on it it would crack if we ever needed to move the building. Any ideas?

3 replies
dogwood Posted 31 Jul 2009 , 4:17pm
post #2 of 4

Does anyone remember the thread about this?

veronica720 Posted 31 Jul 2009 , 5:32pm
post #3 of 4

You can use FRP panels, that is what alot of commercial kitchens are using. It is kind of like plastic sheeting so that it is easy to clean. I know that our home Depot carries it. I think it just has to be something smooth and easily cleaned.

If there is something else that can be used I would also like to know.

dogwood Posted 31 Jul 2009 , 7:21pm
post #4 of 4

Thanks Veronica!

Anybody else have any ideas or have seen the thread I mentioned.

Quote by @%username% on %date%