Omg~ I've Been Reviewed (And It Was Good!!)

Business By kellertur Updated 31 Jul 2009 , 5:59pm by __Jamie__

kellertur Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kellertur Posted 31 Jul 2009 , 3:00am
post #1 of 15

I just happened to type my business name into a search engine, after hearing about places like cakewrecks, etc. I was curious...

Well, I was pleasantly surprised to see my busn. name listed on a site of a woman who reviews various resturants, bakeries.. she happened to be at the venue I was recently exhibiting at. I'm glad I brought along samples.

I realize this is no big deal (not a newspaper or TV)... but it felt good to see it in print.

Thank you for all the help answering my many questions regarding the exhibit and how to display my photos, etc.

14 replies
Kitagrl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kitagrl Posted 31 Jul 2009 , 3:05am
post #2 of 15

Congrats! Believe me, I know how much it means to have your name get out there in different ways, here and there...every little bit helps and soon you'll have a pretty good name for yourself going! Keep up the great work!

kellertur Posted 31 Jul 2009 , 3:09am
post #3 of 15

thank you icon_smile.gif

Kitagrl Posted 31 Jul 2009 , 3:14am
post #4 of 15

Oh and yes I type my business name into Google quite often, just to see what comes up! haha.

Deb_ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Deb_ Posted 31 Jul 2009 , 11:23am
post #5 of 15

Congratulations Kristi! You should set up a link on your site to the review so that prospective clients can see it.

That's great, I'm so happy for you!

MamaMayhem Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MamaMayhem Posted 31 Jul 2009 , 11:37am
post #6 of 15

Congrats!! You may want to set up a google alert, that way anytime anyone publishes anything online with your business name in it you will get a notification email.

MamaMayhem Posted 31 Jul 2009 , 11:38am
post #7 of 15

Congrats!! You may want to set up a google alert, that way anytime anyone publishes anything online with your business name in it you will get a notification email.

MamaMayhem Posted 31 Jul 2009 , 11:41am
post #8 of 15

Deb_ Posted 31 Jul 2009 , 11:41am
post #9 of 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by MamaMayhem

That's a great idea, I didn't know you could do that....since I'm technologically challenged....how would one go about this? icon_lol.gif I'm assuming I need to set up some kind of an account with google icon_confused.gif

MamaMayhem Posted 31 Jul 2009 , 11:49am
post #10 of 15

I set mine up when I set up my gmail account, but I'm sure you can send it to any email. Here's the set-up page http://www.google.com/alerts

Kitagrl Posted 31 Jul 2009 , 1:03pm
post #11 of 15

Oh I didn't know about that, so cool, doing that now!

Deb_ Posted 31 Jul 2009 , 1:31pm
post #12 of 15

Thanks MamaMayhem!

MamaMayhem Posted 31 Jul 2009 , 2:37pm
post #13 of 15

You're very welcome!

K2, what did the review say?? icon_smile.gif

kellertur Posted 31 Jul 2009 , 5:55pm
post #14 of 15

It was short and sweet (no pun intended.
It said:
" (business name and my town) displayed gorgeous photos and samples "

Like I said, it's not a newspaper review, but I still think it's cool ~ especially the link back to my site!

__Jamie__ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
__Jamie__ Posted 31 Jul 2009 , 5:59pm
post #15 of 15

Good for you! And like someone else mentioned, I probably spend a good 2 hours a week running my company name through all the search engines, renaming tags, etc., making sure I am front and center in searches, and scanning for hits on advertising pages, etc., etc. I am a Google freak! And Bing, and Yahoo, those two pi$$ me off though. Short of paying to advertise, I am stumped. Not good results with those two.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%