Wonder Mold (Doll Pan) Help!!!!!

Decorating By BJ Updated 31 Jul 2009 , 2:43pm by txnonnie

BJ Posted 31 Jul 2009 , 2:35am
post #1 of 6

Need help with doll mold pan followed directions and made 2 cakes:both times the center sunk the directions say 350 degrees if i cook at 325 would that eliminate the problem, centers were still mushy. Bridal shower on saturday need help asap

5 replies
jammjenks Posted 31 Jul 2009 , 3:10am
post #2 of 6

Every cake I bake is at 325. It takes an eternity to cook thoroughly. If you opened the oven door and checked it too soon, that may be the reason for the sunken center. Try it on 325, and don't open the oven door for at least 80 minutes.

msthang1224 Posted 31 Jul 2009 , 3:41am
post #3 of 6

I agree with jammjenks. All of my cakes are baked at 325 no matter what the directions say. I haven't had a problem. They bake more evenly as well. I do dolls all the time and just love themm. They are fun to make. Good Luck icon_smile.gif

BJ Posted 31 Jul 2009 , 1:16pm
post #4 of 6

I normally bake all my cakes at 325 too and it's been so long since I've done a doll cake that I figured - hey, follow the directions, maybe they'll be right! NOT! The directions also say to add 5 1/2 to 6 cups of batter. When you use 6 cups - it doesn't make a very high cake - it doesn't even come up to the rim of the pan. How many cups do you guys use?

txnonnie Posted 31 Jul 2009 , 2:42pm
post #5 of 6

I bake at 325 and most of the time use my convection. I don't pay attention to batter measurments. I overfill my pans to begin with so they will puff up more over the pan. My cakes end up being 4 inches in height.

txnonnie Posted 31 Jul 2009 , 2:43pm
post #6 of 6

I bake at 325 and most of the time use my convection. I also don't over fill my oven with pans. Seems to bake better when the oven is not too full.

I don't pay attention to batter measurments. I overfill my pans to begin with so they will puff up more over the pan. My cakes end up being 4 inches in height.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%