Cake Without Eggs, Butter Or Milk???

Decorating By awestervelt Updated 31 Jul 2009 , 9:47pm by kelleym

awestervelt Posted 31 Jul 2009 , 2:32am
post #1 of 8

I had someone ask me to do a cake that does not have any eggs, butter, or milk in it. I don't think those even exist. If they do, I knew someone on here would know about it. Please help me out, I'm stumped!!! Thanks

7 replies
bakingpw Posted 31 Jul 2009 , 2:43am
post #2 of 8

Yes, there is a chocolate cake that I go to when someone asks for a cake without eggs, butter, milk. Parve Cake. Do an internet search for chocolate wacky cake. It works - it tastes great. For icing, use white mountain icing.

awestervelt Posted 31 Jul 2009 , 2:53am
post #3 of 8

Thankyou SO much!!!

costumeczar Posted 31 Jul 2009 , 4:02pm
post #4 of 8

I do vegan cakes all the time. As long as the client isn't allergic to soy, there are plenty of soy products out there that are decent substitutes for the dairy, and you can use egg replacer for the eggs.

nadine_n Posted 31 Jul 2009 , 4:56pm
post #5 of 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by awestervelt

I had someone ask me to do a cake that does not have any eggs, butter, or milk in it. I don't think those even exist. If they do, I knew someone on here would know about it. Please help me out, I'm stumped!!! Thanks

I make a chocolate cake like this, my mother made them all the time when I was a kid. My grandmother's recipe was for "Chocolate 3-Hole Cake" but they are more commonly known as Wacky Cake, as the previous poster said. I've tried many others, but this is still the best chocolate cake, IMO.

agentdorkfish Posted 31 Jul 2009 , 8:01pm
post #6 of 8

I have a similar question, myself. My nephew is allergic to milk, eggs, butter, and I don't even think he can have soy either.

Now, there's a challenging recipe to find.

I nearly forgot to mention that he can't have chocolate either.

costumeczar Posted 31 Jul 2009 , 8:31pm
post #7 of 8

I have a client coming up next week who's allergic to corn (which is in EVERYTHING), soy, dairy, etc etc. I'll let you know how it goes without the soy. She's been emailing me lots of substitutions, so once I get the cakes baked I'll let you know how it went.

Now the chocolate allergy...That's just sad. icon_sad.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%