Date Held With Deposit, But...

Business By kellertur Updated 6 Aug 2009 , 3:24am by jules5000

JoJo0855 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JoJo0855 Posted 2 Aug 2009 , 3:47pm
post #31 of 43
Quote:
Quote:

At this point I don't think you do anything until the deadline passes. No more phone calls or emails. It is up to them to contact you, at this point.

I agree! Put a big mark on your calendar and if you still don't get a satisfactory response, take the deposit and have a blast with your family at the waterpark!

In the meantime, write your letter confirming cancellation to email at 12:01am the day following the missed deadline. Then print out a copy and send it registered mail to CYA.

Some people just aren't worth the aggravation ... Good Luck!

jules5000 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jules5000 Posted 3 Aug 2009 , 1:22am
post #32 of 43

God knows and everyone else knows you need a break from this thing. YOu have done everything you can. Take one day and go with your family and have fun. Then come back home and the next day work on your other cakes. There is no reason to make yourself room to be stressed over them because of the one couples irrisponsiblity and inconsideration. Believe me, I think that everyone else agrees and they are not worth getting more frustrated over. You know there is a very chance that If you take off for the day and go play with your family when you get home you will get a response. I know and everybody else I am sure also understands this unconnected feeling, but if they are not any more considerate then don't worry about them. Get your mind off of them and come back and work on the others. It is obvious they have no clue or they don't care what they are doing to you in this situation. If it ends up that they don't finalize things they haven't wrecked your time with your family. You know if they have to at the last minute get a two layer cake from some bakery then maybe they will learn they can't do this to people. If you want a professionally done wedding cake you need to allow the person the time they require to be prepared and to do a great job. You can't just do things like that willy-nilly. Nobody else would put up with it. I hope that I am not being too repetitive, but I am trying to get you to let go and enjoy time with your family and work on the other things. When you are doing this then you will get your mind off of them. Also when you are working on the other cakes your mind will be on doing them the best they can be done. I hope my letter has encouraged you to let go.

kellertur Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kellertur Posted 4 Aug 2009 , 10:43pm
post #33 of 43

Well, the groom finally called me last night~ he used the excuse that since this is for the reception only (aparently they eloped last month)???, they weren't treating it with urgency, but as a party cake. HUH? ER... the contract you signed?

Anyway, I am meeting with them this week to discuss finalizing details BY Sat. or no deal! Atleast I'm getting $500.00+ for this cake, for just under 100 people. Normally, I wouldn't jack up my price, but it just felt right for wasting my time...

Oh, we ARE going to the waterpark next Monday instead, since they have $10.00 Mondays! I cannot wait! My 4yr old daughter is so excited... to see things though her eyes, you know? icon_smile.gif I haven't been in public in a bathing suit since I lost the weight, so I'm actually feeling good about it.
(trying not to expose my daughter to my previous body issues, if that makes sense)

jules5000 Posted 5 Aug 2009 , 12:54am
post #34 of 43

You go girlfriend. I am so glad that you are going to go have fun with your family and getting the money for the cake also. Well, I guess we don't know the money part for sure, but hopefully they won't pull anything else on you.

kellertur Posted 5 Aug 2009 , 1:13am
post #35 of 43

Thanks,
As harsh as this sounds, I've make it quite clear that I need atleast 75% of the balance by Saturday, an the rest the following week or I will not buy ingredients. (I said it in a nice way, though).

I've learned so much from you CC veterans. Thank you.

jules5000 Posted 5 Aug 2009 , 3:21pm
post #36 of 43

I don't think you have been harsh at all. I think that people need to realize that these kind of cakes take time. and people have other cakes besides theirs to do so you need to be informed and paid. Go have fun.

alvarezmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
alvarezmom Posted 5 Aug 2009 , 4:41pm
post #37 of 43

Glad to hear it turned out worth your wiled!!!

Carolynlovescake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Carolynlovescake Posted 5 Aug 2009 , 5:32pm
post #38 of 43
Quote:
Originally Posted by jules5000

I think that people need to realize that these kind of cakes take time. and people have other cakes besides theirs to do so you need to be informed and paid.

I've said it before, the Cake shows are my biggest reason for getting students and a good many of them will end up saying by the end of course 1 lesson 4 "I had no idea this was so tedious, they make it look so easy on tv"

FN has cake challenges in 8 hours. The common person things I can pull a cake like that out of my butt in the same amount of time. When I try to explain it to them that it doesn't work that way they get the blank slate look in their eyes and they kind of gloss over.

Buddy's show as great as it is does these cakes in a few short scenes on a 30 minute episode.

Not a single cake show states the cost of their cakes. Even doing a blurb on the screen saying "This cake is $5 a serving and served 250 guests" would give the common person an idea of cake cost.

Our society is a I want it now, and I want it cheap. We drive through for fast food, ATM's, coffee, and even cigarettes/liquor in some parts of the state. Things are labeled "value meal" and "bulk items" so customers can't grasp "designer" or "custom" cakes.

kellertur Posted 5 Aug 2009 , 5:55pm
post #39 of 43

Maybe we should all install a drive-thru window at our homes or shops? icon_confused.gificon_lol.gif

jules5000 Posted 5 Aug 2009 , 7:44pm
post #40 of 43

drive-through prices and time. THey have no concept about the quality either. SOmething that taste like cake should doesn't happen like it does in a store bakery. they just shovel them in and out of the oven. I am sure they probably bake no less then 30--45 cakes a day and the icing is awful. BUt they have huge ovens and can do the quantity. They can also maybe decorate faster because of their icing, but it doesn't taste good and the quality isn't there. I even worked in a bakery once that if a customer came up and wanted you to write on their cake you did. BACK THEN i DIDN'T HAVE THE KNOWLEDGE i DO NOW SO MAYBE SOMETIMES MY WRITINIG WAS GOOD AND SOMETIMES IT WASN'T. iT ALSO DEPENDED ON IF THEY CAME UP DURING THE MIDDLE OF MY SCHEDULE OR AT THE END OF MY NIGHT AFTER THE BAKERY WAS CLOSED AND i WAS CLEANING--i WAS NOT ONLY PISSED OFF i WAS SAPPED OF ENERGY AND THEY WANTED NICE WRITING? giVE ME A BREAK. i ALWAYS DID MY BEST, BUT BEST AT 10:00 P.M. WHEN YOU HAVE WORKED ALL NIGHT AND BEEN VERY BUSY IS DIFFERENT THEN MY BEST AT 5:30-6;00. mY CAPS LOCK GOT HIT AND i AM NOT CHANGING IT SO FORGIVE PLEASE?

__Jamie__ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
__Jamie__ Posted 5 Aug 2009 , 7:50pm
post #41 of 43

Lol Jules....don't sweat it! I hate it when that happens!

kellertur Posted 6 Aug 2009 , 12:38am
post #42 of 43

I'm a bit of a rebel, so I love the occasional all cap posts. I don't take it as yelling at all. icon_smile.gif SO FEEL FREE TO USE ALL CAPS WITH ME ANYTIME. IT'S EASIER FOR ME TO READ. icon_lol.gif

jules5000 Posted 6 Aug 2009 , 3:24am
post #43 of 43

Yeah, it does make it easier to read, but it is frustrating when you are trying to write and you didn't realize you hit it and when you are trying to capitalize a letter and everything, but that letter is now capitalized I think it looks funny. But I won't worry about it. I was tired when I was writing. In f act I think I will be getting myself to bed. I didn't realize it was almost 10:30. Goodnight folks. icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%