Hersheys Cake Recipe??

Baking By chikie Updated 30 Aug 2005 , 1:31am by IHATEFONDANT

chikie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
chikie Posted 23 Aug 2005 , 2:49am
post #1 of 8

Has anyone tried the recipe for the cake and frosting on the back of the Hersheys cocoa powder. If so, what did you think of it? I'm trying to find a good choco cake....Thanks

7 replies
marv Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
marv Posted 23 Aug 2005 , 2:54am
post #2 of 8

Try Hershey's Deep Dark Choc. Cake...that's the one I liked the most! Here's the link to the site.
http://hersheys.com/recipes/recipes/detail.asp?id=4608&page=1&per=1&keyword=deep%20dark%20chocolate%20cake

Happy Baking!

marv Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
marv Posted 23 Aug 2005 , 2:56am
post #3 of 8

I forgot to mention to replace the oil with 1 cup of mayonnaise and add a packet of choc. pudding to make it moist.

mohara Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mohara Posted 29 Aug 2005 , 2:21pm
post #4 of 8

The Hershey's "Perfectly Chocolate" cake is awesome. The frosting is very tasty too...but the recipe doesn't make very much. Always make it at least a day before you are serving it...it is so much more moist. I know it is the number 1 recipe on their website.

midge Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
midge Posted 29 Aug 2005 , 2:32pm
post #5 of 8

I love that cake and I use that recipe for my double chocolate wedding cake - but I to add the mayonaise and some chocolate syrup. I like the icing as well, except I find that it gets a little too fudge like for my decorating purposes.

mohara Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mohara Posted 29 Aug 2005 , 2:40pm
post #6 of 8

what does the mayo do for it? Does it change the taste at all?

I normally like the cake the way it is, but upon cooling it always falls in the middle. Maybe the mayo or pudding mix would help that.

I never thought of adding pudding mix to it. That cake is soooo moist, I can't imagine it even more moist. I'll have to try it.

I very rarely frost the cake - unless it is for a party. It is soooo delicious on its own that right before I cut myself a piece, I sprinkle powered sugar on it instead and it is to die for!

midge Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
midge Posted 29 Aug 2005 , 3:15pm
post #7 of 8

I think that the mayo adds that little bit more of moisture and there is no change in the flavor - it might even enhance the chocolate a little. I never add pudding to this one because I like the texture of it just the way it is. I agree with you about the cake having enough flavor without the icing - we will do the same in our household. My family is not big on icing since they see so much of it!

IHATEFONDANT Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
IHATEFONDANT Posted 30 Aug 2005 , 1:31am
post #8 of 8

Next time you make scrambled eggs add a TBs of mayo to them and then whisk and add to your pan and cook them.

The mayo seems to make them much fluffier.....

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%