Question On Cupcake Stand

Decorating By deetmar Updated 31 Jul 2009 , 6:43pm by cakebaker1957

deetmar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
deetmar Posted 31 Jul 2009 , 12:00am
post #1 of 5

I have a client that wants to purchase one of the cardboard cupcake stands form c u p c a k e t r e e .com Has anybody used one of these, and if so, what did you think of it?

I have only made cupcake stads, and had one bride rent one. I really don't have the time to make any right now, and she doesn't want to rent. I don't want to put the money into purchasing one when I don't do that many cupcake weddings.

Thanks for the help

4 replies
deetmar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
deetmar Posted 31 Jul 2009 , 5:03pm
post #2 of 5

anybody?

BJ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BJ Posted 31 Jul 2009 , 5:19pm
post #3 of 5

My feelings - why pay 39.95 for a cardboard one when you can buy a durable plastic one for 47.95 - 79.95 that would last a whole lot longer than cardboard. but - you don't say how many cupcakes the stand needs to hold..... I recently purchased a plastic one that holds up to 100 cupcakes and it is made so that you can use all the tiers or only some of them. I rationalized the purchase by using it for more than just weddings and cupcakes - it works great for finger sandwiches, mini desserts, and things like that.....
I've been able to rent the stand out 3 times already and it's already paid for itself plus I do ask for a deposit just in case it comes back broken and then between the rental price and the deposit - I could buy a new one at no cost to me......
But that's me..... thumbs_up.gif

BJ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BJ Posted 31 Jul 2009 , 5:21pm
post #4 of 5

icon_rolleyes.gif Plastic one can be purchased through www.coolcupcakes.com

cakebaker1957 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakebaker1957 Posted 31 Jul 2009 , 6:43pm
post #5 of 5

just a thought, Wilton has a cake stand that you could use as a cupcake holder and you can buy extra feet so you can change out the size for the bottom, If you invest in this you can use it on cakes and cupcakes,

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%