Needs Some Idea's

Baking By mishlove Updated 31 Jul 2009 , 8:22pm by luv2bake6

mishlove Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mishlove Posted 30 Jul 2009 , 11:15pm
post #1 of 7

My Son's Speech and Ocupational Therapy is over next week, and I wanted to make the 2 teachers some cookies. Can you ladies help me on some ideas on what to make like what shape and what to say on them.

Thanks so much

Mish

6 replies
cookie_fun Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cookie_fun Posted 31 Jul 2009 , 2:17am
post #2 of 7

Yikes,
I'm completely drawing a blank. Are there some "trademark" type things associated with occupational or speech therapy that you may know of?
I suppose you could always do flowers or summer themed cookies with a "Thanks!" cookie in there.
Sorry I couldn't be more help.

GeminiRJ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
GeminiRJ Posted 31 Jul 2009 , 12:10pm
post #3 of 7

You can never go wrong with simple cookies like flowers (as suggested by cookie fun), or smiley faces in bright colors. Make them on sticks for a cookie bouquet, and you've got a special treat that shows you put some thought and effort into the gift. If you go with a bouquet, find a pot you really like (or paint a clay pot any way you like) and use it as inspiration for the cookies. Let us all know what you come up with...post pictures!

auntbeesbaking Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
auntbeesbaking Posted 31 Jul 2009 , 12:27pm
post #4 of 7

Taking off on GeminiRJ's reply, you could paint your son's handprints on the clay pot. That would be a nice keepsake for them. As a former teacher, I really treasured those types of gifts! I still have some of the cards that were made for me. icon_rolleyes.gif

luv2bake6 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
luv2bake6 Posted 31 Jul 2009 , 4:26pm
post #5 of 7

As was suggested, i would definately make a bunch of 'thank you' cookies (shape is your choice) and make a bouquet. That's what i did for my childrens' teachers at the end of the school year and they were very well received.

I think gemini's idea to find a pot first and then use that as the inspirationg for your cookies, is brilliant. I often find myself taking too much time trying to find the perfect vessel to hold my already decorated cookies (hard to find color and theme matches). Thanks Gemini!!

mishlove Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mishlove Posted 31 Jul 2009 , 6:48pm
post #6 of 7

Thank you so much, I will do a small bouquet for each of them. Not sure which shape I am going to do yet. I will post as soon as they are done.

U Ladies R Great

Mish

luv2bake6 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
luv2bake6 Posted 31 Jul 2009 , 8:22pm
post #7 of 7

flower shapes are the way to go and you could make leaf shapes to stick into the bouquets as fillers. Or you could make star shaped cookies. Or hearts

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%