Estimating Your Time..rental Kitchen

Business By pipe-dreams Updated 31 Jul 2009 , 7:44pm by 1234me

pipe-dreams Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pipe-dreams Posted 30 Jul 2009 , 10:09pm
post #1 of 3

My other kitchen fell through, and I just found another one. It has 2 people in it already, one from 8-2, the other from 2-10pm. This is perfect for me to work 10pm-whenever b/c I stay at home w/my 3y/o during the daytime. Anyway, the owner wants me to estimate how much I will need the kitchen, as far as hours or days. I honestly don't know. Sometimes I may have 5 cakes one weekend, and none the next. But we want to find something fair for both of us. How do you come up with a good estimate that is fair for both parties involoved? This is how we will determine the price for me to rent. Thanks for any help!!

2 replies
pipe-dreams Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pipe-dreams Posted 31 Jul 2009 , 5:23pm
post #2 of 3

anyone? please?!

1234me Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
1234me Posted 31 Jul 2009 , 7:44pm
post #3 of 3

I do work in a licensed kitchen but I don't have to give a time table - I can come and go as I please as long as they aren't using it, and they usually only use it on Saturdays! icon_smile.gif

I would explain to the person you are renting from that your time will vary. How would you feel abotu paying a minimum each week, but applying that to your overall time on weeks that you do use the kitchen. Totally making this up but....

$10 per hour, 2 hour minimum

You pay $20 whether you use the kitchen or not.
If you use it for 4 hours, you pay $40

I honestly have NO IDEA what the fee would be since I don't have to pay for the setup I use - I TOTALLY lucked into this situation.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%