I Am Stunned, Just Gobsmacked (Long)

Decorating By Butterpatty Updated 19 Aug 2009 , 3:31am by goddessa12

Butterpatty Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Butterpatty Posted 30 Jul 2009 , 9:34pm
post #1 of 24

I am a newbie to cake decorating, but I have baked for years and shared it with friends and coworkers (for free and when the spirit to do so moved me icon_biggrin.gif ). I have received many compliments on my baked goods. Now that I am learning to decorate, I do so only for close friends and family. I just got a call from an acquaintance (NEVER would want this toxic woman as a friend!) that has left me shaking and madder than a wet hen!!

Toxic Woman: Hey, I need a cake
Me: Hello to you, too
TW: Oh, hello. I need you to do me a cake for this Saturday.
Me: Oh, I'm sorry, I can't. Big plans already
TW: No,no, I really need this cake
Me: Well, sorry
TW: No, I really need this cake and you've got to do it because I told my friend you would and I always keep my word no matter what.
Me: Well, xxx, you shouldn't have promised her something that you didn't ask about first. No cakes from me this week (trying to smile and be light-hearted so as not to go off on her)
TW: I am NOT NOT NOT going back on my word. Help me out here
Me: I cannot, will not, do not intend to do any cakes this week. Plus, I really only do cakes for fun for my friends and my family. So no can do.
TW: Well, I AM a friend and so you CAN do this for me
Me: <silence>
TW: so you really aren't going to help me out, are you?
Me: <silence>
TW: Thanks for nothing. I bet if everybody knew just what Miss GoodyTwoShoes was really like, they would be shocked. <Hangs Up>

Now I am mad at myself for being upset by her. She is a two-faced person at best and a blatant troublemaker at worst. I am wishing even more that I would have let her have it with both barrels and told her exactly why she would NEVER get a cake from me (she never has and never will, esp now).

23 replies
mcaulir Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mcaulir Posted 30 Jul 2009 , 9:42pm
post #2 of 24

Good on you for keeping your cool!

Funny that she told you she was your friend, as if that cleared up the problem for you. "Ohh, so we're friends! Well of course I'll drop everything. If I'd known, there wouldn't have been a problem!"

DeeDelightful Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DeeDelightful Posted 30 Jul 2009 , 9:48pm
post #3 of 24

really, you should relax and laugh now, because that was about the funniest thing i've read in a minute. you kept your cool. i'm not so sure i could have. She can pull that when she flips thru the order book at Wal-Mart, because that's where her cake is coming from. it's really a funny story.

__Jamie__ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
__Jamie__ Posted 30 Jul 2009 , 10:00pm
post #4 of 24

Well handled. What a moron!

dldbrou Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dldbrou Posted 30 Jul 2009 , 10:58pm
post #5 of 24

Hope she doesn't try and pass off a store bought cake as yours.

Glad you kept your cool though.

costumeczar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
costumeczar Posted 30 Jul 2009 , 11:05pm
post #6 of 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by Butterpatty

Now I am mad at myself for being upset by her. She is a two-faced person at best and a blatant troublemaker at worst. I am wishing even more that I would have let her have it with both barrels and told her exactly why she would NEVER get a cake from me (she never has and never will, esp now).

What a bee-yotch! She always keeps her word? What the heck is that? She promised that you'd do all the work and doesn't want to go back on her promise? Does that seriously make any sense to her? Some people are just beyond belief! icon_evil.gif

Rosiepan Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Rosiepan Posted 31 Jul 2009 , 3:57pm
post #7 of 24

Well done you for keeping your cool.
I wouldn't worry too much about what she may say to others as anyone who knows her or you for that matter would not give her remarks any consideration. She is just having a tantrum as she couldn't get you to jump to her tune. More fool her for making promises she couldn't keep.

cindy1176 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cindy1176 Posted 31 Jul 2009 , 4:06pm
post #8 of 24

If I were you I would be laughing even more than I am laughing. Some people are just a mystery to me, lol! You certainly did keep your cool better than most of us would have.

LaBellaFlor Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LaBellaFlor Posted 31 Jul 2009 , 4:10pm
post #9 of 24

What a beeyotch! You handles it great! I can't stand those type of people. The ones that think everything revolves around them! They just pluck my nerves! icon_mad.gif As you can see I know a few.

alvarezmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
alvarezmom Posted 31 Jul 2009 , 4:22pm
post #10 of 24

That women is toxic-CRAZY!!!

Good for you for keeping your cake cooled! At least you know you wont have to deal with her again.

Butterpatty Posted 31 Jul 2009 , 5:43pm
post #11 of 24

My friend just called me and said, "Bren called me out of the blue today and told me that you left her in the lurch because you promised a cake and now you won't do it. What's up?"
I about blew a gasket! I told her exactly what happened and she said she was relieved to hear it because she knew what Bren was saying was not like me at all. I love dear friends- she will be at the shower and will have no trouble telling anybody the truth if they bring it up. My buddy is blunt spoken and she will plainly tell Bren that she lied also.
And now that I have had time to think about it since the original call, why would she even wait until the end of the week to ask for a Saturday cake anyways? That is just rude, rude, rude.

__Jamie__ Posted 31 Jul 2009 , 5:50pm
post #12 of 24

Oh man, butter. I feel for ya. That's just a horrible situation to be put in. And thank goodness everyone knows the hag for what she is. How does someone like that even have friends??? icon_sad.gif

mackeymom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mackeymom Posted 31 Jul 2009 , 5:58pm
post #13 of 24

Lets just hope that everyone at the shower will know the type of person Bren is! And if they believe her lies, you probably don't want to work with them anyways!

Good job keeping your cool! Don't let people take advantage or push you around! Have a good weekend, and don't let Bren spoil it for you!

diane Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
diane Posted 31 Jul 2009 , 6:15pm
post #14 of 24

i would not even waste my energy on people like that. she wanted you to get into an argument with her. don't let it get to you. she now has to figure out a way out of the mess she created with her friend. "her word" is apparently not worth anything now. next time maybe she'll learn to think before she speaks. icon_wink.gif

HelenM2002 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
HelenM2002 Posted 31 Jul 2009 , 6:43pm
post #15 of 24

Good for you for keeping your cool! I think it's awesome that one of your actual friends will be at the shower, and knows what really happened -- that way, this woman won't be able to spread any untruths about you!

Butterpatty Posted 31 Jul 2009 , 10:11pm
post #16 of 24

icon_redface.gif - before I found this site, I would have let her guilt me into doing the silly cake for her. Thanks to all you guys, I now have a "cakebone"

__Jamie__ Posted 31 Jul 2009 , 10:15pm
post #17 of 24

Woo hoo!

jaybug Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jaybug Posted 31 Jul 2009 , 10:32pm
post #18 of 24

Hahaha! I'm so glad you didn't give in to that dumba$$. Hope she loves her Wal-Mart cake! icon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

PattyT Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
PattyT Posted 31 Jul 2009 , 10:37pm
post #19 of 24
Quote:

icon_redface.gif - before I found this site, I would have let her guilt me into doing the silly cake for her. Thanks to all you guys, I now have a "cakebone"

....a "cakebone" icon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

I LOVE it. Perfect phrase.

I'm glad you stood your ground. AND...the more she complains about you, the more it will prove to people how toxic she really is.

Thanks for my best laugh in a while.

jammjenks Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jammjenks Posted 31 Jul 2009 , 10:53pm
post #20 of 24

Miss Bren had better thank her lucky stars that she called you and not...well, I'll not mention any names. You all know who you are. icon_lol.gif

Bless her little heart for always keeping her word. Yeah right.

And for you, butterpatty --> thumbs_up.gif

indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 31 Jul 2009 , 11:06pm
post #21 of 24
Quote:

My friend just called me and said, "Bren called me out of the blue today and told me that you left her in the lurch because you promised a cake and now you won't do it. What's up?"
I about blew a gasket! I told her exactly what happened and she said she was relieved to hear it because she knew what Bren was saying was not like me at all. I love dear friends- she will be at the shower and will have no trouble telling anybody the truth if they bring it up. My buddy is blunt spoken and she will plainly tell Bren that she lied also.
And now that I have had time to think about it since the original call, why would she even wait until the end of the week to ask for a Saturday cake anyways? That is just rude, rude, rude.

I was reading this thread to my hubby and had JUST said to him, "Wanna make a bet on what the cover story will be?", then we came to the above post! icon_lol.gif Predictably classic, isn't it! We KNEW that was the path she'd take, we just KNEW It!!!

Proud of ya, darlin'! thumbs_up.gif

Idreamofcakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Idreamofcakes Posted 1 Aug 2009 , 4:54am
post #22 of 24

Good for you! Dumb people should not reproduce! UGH!

I can't tell you how many of us received our "cakebones" from
CC University!! With Indydebi probably being one of the favorite professors thumbs_up.gif

I think you have keyed a new term "CAKEBONE" love it!!

AFCakeBaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AFCakeBaker Posted 19 Aug 2009 , 3:15am
post #23 of 24

I am a military wife, and ever since my husband and I were dating I have been making dinner for airmen....now I make cakes for friends and family. I have a dear set of friends who always want to pay me, and I typically blow it off, or I will let her buy the pan if it is special (but I always use a coupon at michaels!).....I digress....

I use this as my mantra....I will put my heart and soul into things for people that appreciate them. When people stop appreciating things, I stop doing them ! Or in your case, never begin! Kudos to you !

goddessa12 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
goddessa12 Posted 19 Aug 2009 , 3:31am
post #24 of 24

Thanks for sticking up for yourself... I'm just starting to develop a "cakebone" and I always feel a little bit stronger when I see someone else being strong.
She doesn't even deserve a walmart cake....

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%