Suggestions From All You Pros! :d

Decorating By Clovers Updated 31 Jul 2009 , 1:24am by xstitcher

Clovers Posted 30 Jul 2009 , 5:05pm
post #1 of 3

Okay, so I got my first paid cake order! woo hoo!

They want it to be bowling alley themed, and it's a birthday cake. My idea is to do a rectangular cake, cover it in fondant and paint it to look like wood (alley) and then make a half-ball shape (I don't have the ball pan so I plan to cheat and bake this part in a bowl) and then make the ball look like it's smashed through the floor (hence half the ball - sticking out).

Anyone have any suggestions, or ideas, on how I can make this cake look awesome?? (Keep in mind, I'm pretty new at this and don't have all the tools yet!) Thanks everyone!

(by the way, they want it chocolate and peanut butter, but not too rich - anyone have a great recipe? otherwise, I'm doing chocolate cake, peanut butter buttercream to fill it and icing it with chocolate buttercream... MAYBE put chopped reeses cups in the middle too..)

2 replies
kakeladi Posted 30 Jul 2009 , 10:47pm
post #2 of 3

Just exactly what you said icon_smile.gif Should be great and yuuummmy icon_smile.gif

xstitcher Posted 31 Jul 2009 , 1:24am
post #3 of 3

I think your idea is great too. Sounds delish. Peanut butter/chocolate combo is always great.

If your looking for some more ideas here are a whole bunch of cakes with bowling used as the keyword:

http://cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=gallery&meta=search&type=full&search=bowling&album=-&search_user=&pageID=1

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%