Gumpaste Flowers

Decorating By mannjc Updated 30 Jul 2009 , 4:47pm by pikevillemom

mannjc Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mannjc Posted 30 Jul 2009 , 2:29pm
post #1 of 4

I wanted to start dabbling in gumpaste flowers and I saw a kit at michaels with an instruction book and different cut out shapes. Has anyone used this kit to get familiar with gumpaste? Are they really as difficult as they seem to make or is it just a lot of practice? Would love any and all opinions icon_smile.gif

3 replies
3SheetCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
3SheetCakes Posted 30 Jul 2009 , 4:34pm
post #2 of 4

I bought it about a week ago and I have made several of the flowers: roses, apple blossoms and daisies. I thought the instructional book was very clear and I was impressed with my results. I would go for it if I were you. I've been very happy!

pikevillemom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pikevillemom Posted 30 Jul 2009 , 4:44pm
post #3 of 4

I bought that kit about 3 months ago. I had taken 3 of the Wilton classes but not the gumpaste flower one. I have made all the flowers in the kit and it was not hard at all to follow the instructions. i would give it a go thumbs_up.gif

pikevillemom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pikevillemom Posted 30 Jul 2009 , 4:47pm
post #4 of 4

I bought that kit about 3 months ago. I had taken 3 of the Wilton classes but not the gumpaste flower one. I have made all the flowers in the kit and it was not hard at all to follow the instructions. i would give it a go thumbs_up.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%