My Little Psychic Really Scared Me Today.

Lounge By Jen80 Updated 3 Aug 2009 , 4:16am by Jen80

Jen80 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jen80 Posted 30 Jul 2009 , 1:41pm
post #1 of 16

My little three year old constantly amazes me about things that she knows. All of a sudden and out of no-where she'll say: "You've got a sore back." or "You've got a headache." or "Ma (Grandma) is going to be here today." among many other things. And she's always right!

So, this morning when she was happily playing with her sister with not a care in the world, she came up to me and said " I need to go to the Doctor today." I tried to laugh it off, but I knew deep down something would come of it.

Within half an hour she had a terrible headache. "Yeah OK." I thought "I can handle this." But then not long after that she kept wetting herself and she was pale and listless. I just knew I had to get her to the doctor.

He was really concerned. He was saying those really scary words like Meningitis and Septicemia. Aagh!! Then sent us to the nearest Hospital.

So, we got there and they were just as concerned. They made us put masks on and started running tests.

And you know, while they were in the process of running the tests, she just came back to life like nothing had happened. It just dissappeared as fast as it came. Whew! I held it together until I knew she was fine and then it was such a relief that I just burst into tears.

We still don't know what was wrong with her, so they're still doing tests.

My first was the same (with knowing things) but she grew out of it. I hope this little one doesn't because it's such a special gift.

15 replies
jaybug Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jaybug Posted 30 Jul 2009 , 1:53pm
post #2 of 16

First, I hope all of the test results are good. Second, it sounds like she really is gifted. God bless you both! thumbs_up.gif

BREN28 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BREN28 Posted 30 Jul 2009 , 2:03pm
post #3 of 16

boy,that gave me chill's while i was reading it.sure hope the tests come out clean!!

Gingoodies Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Gingoodies Posted 31 Jul 2009 , 1:06am
post #4 of 16

First and foremost, I hope your little one is ok. God is watching over her, I am sure. My sister was very much like this when she was a child. She still, to this day (she is in her 50's now) gets premonitions. It is a family trait on my mom's side, becuse I have an aunt and a cousin who also "see" things.

Texas_Rose Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Texas_Rose Posted 31 Jul 2009 , 1:20am
post #5 of 16

Is it possible she had a migraine? My 7 year old has started getting migraines and I've been reading about it http://www.emedicinehealth.com/migraine_headache_in_children/article_em.htm With my daughter, she gets very emotional...crying about everything...and an hour or two later, she gets the headache. But different people can have different symptoms. I get migraines also and I know it's coming before it starts because I start to see weird things...I'll see glowing outlines on everything, which I always do, especially around people, but when I have the migraine coming on, the outlines don't go away, they just stack up on each other.

Anyhow, I really hope the test results come back all right. That must have been really scary.

Jen80 Posted 31 Jul 2009 , 2:10am
post #6 of 16

Thank you for all of your concern everyone. We probably won't know the results of the tests until Monday, so I'll post if they've found anything next week.

She had a bit of a vomiting session this morning, but she's fine now. At the moment she is on the lounge doing headstands and saying "Look at my trick mum. Are you watching?" LOL!

I didn't even think about migrains Texas_Rose. I just assumed they were hormonal and only adults got them. Sorry to hear that you and your seven year old get them, because I know they can be so extremely painful that some people are bedridden for days when they get one.

Texas_Rose Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Texas_Rose Posted 31 Jul 2009 , 2:39am
post #7 of 16

Vomiting can go with migranes too...as well as being sleepy. I hope it's something that simple that caused your daughter's episode.

How scary that you have to wait until Monday for test results!

Carson Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Carson Posted 31 Jul 2009 , 6:10pm
post #8 of 16

First off, I am hoping your little one is ok! Sounds like she (if nothing else) has great instincts and perhaps knows her body well. I know you will take anything that she says like that again very seriously!!

My 2 year old sees "Grandma" in the cemetary...we are assuming that because many people die when they are older and grey (and everyone with grey hair is Grandma to her). We took her for a walk in the cemetary once and she saw "babies sleeping" in the children's area...completely freak us out!!

Its amazing what those open little minds can sense!

costumeczar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
costumeczar Posted 31 Jul 2009 , 6:53pm
post #9 of 16

My daughter would do that kind of thing to me all the time. I told my husband about it and he kind of brushed me off until she did it to him!

She's now 10 and in the gifted program at her school, and when they gave me the list of traits that are common to gifted kids one of them was ESP! I found it funny that the public school system would even acknowledge that ESP existed, let alone list it as a personality trait.

costumeczar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
costumeczar Posted 31 Jul 2009 , 9:30pm
post #10 of 16

After I posted this this afternoon, I was driving to the store with my daughter. I was thinking about having to go to my inlaws' house (they're selling it and have moved out) and my daughter said, out of the blue "when are we going to Charlottesville?" I told her I'd just been thinking about that, and she said "I know you were..." icon_eek.gif She was joking, I think! icon_lol.gif

Jen80 Posted 3 Aug 2009 , 2:22am
post #11 of 16

It's Monday here, just past 12 midday. (I've been looking for a world time website, just so I know what day and time it is over there when I'm talking to you guys, but I can't find one.)

So I rang the hospital well over an hour ago. I explained who I was and that I was after the test results.

Nurse: "Sure, if you could ring back in half an hour I will have them ready for you."

I waited for an hour just to give them a bit of time, then rang back and of course I got someone different.

Different Nurse: "LOOK!! THIS DEPARTMENT IS VERY BUSY!! IF THERE WAS ANYTHING ABNORMAL WE WOULD HAVE RUNG YOU!!!"

COW.
LL

Jen80 Posted 3 Aug 2009 , 2:37am
post #12 of 16

Anyway, I'll just take my little girls word.

Every time I try to give her the medicine she says "But I'm better now."

It was good hearing everyone elses stories about people in thier family who seem to know things.

Does anyone else notice that it seems to be mainly girls?

It would be great if there were ways that we could help them develop thier abilities.

It seemed to be when my eldest started going to school that she stopped doing it.

I tried to help her develop her ability by asking her questions that I didn't know the answer to and I would never make fun of her if she gave me a really crazy answer, because in this world you just never know.

JaimeAnn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JaimeAnn Posted 3 Aug 2009 , 3:00am
post #13 of 16

That sounds exactly like my youngest sister!

She was finally diagnosed with Epilepsy , That is a scary diagnosis but it really wasn't that bad. Hers was controlled easily with medication and she outgrew it with puberty.

she was always talking to someone that wasn't there when she was little and when we went looking at new houses when she was about 8 she wouldn't even go in one and said she didn't want to live with that boy.

We later found out that a 15 year old boy had hung himself in the atrium.

She wasn't diagnosed till she was 7 when she said she had a headache and then wet herself and threw up. We took her straight to the hospital and they did an EEG and said she had Epilepsy. I think there was more to it than just epilepsy.

She is the 6th person in my immediate family to have childhood epilepsy. I have always thought that it was something else and that's all the doctors could come up with.

xstitcher Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
xstitcher Posted 3 Aug 2009 , 3:06am
post #14 of 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jen80

It's Monday here, just past 12 midday. (I've been looking for a world time website, just so I know what day and time it is over there when I'm talking to you guys, but I can't find one.)

Here's one:

http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/

Also, if you haven't already done so you might want to change your profile to reflect what timezone you are in.

Glad to hear your dd is feeling better. icon_smile.gif

Sox-n-Pats Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sox-n-Pats Posted 3 Aug 2009 , 4:00am
post #15 of 16

Sorry the hospital acted that way. There's just no call for that.

You also don't need a program for a world clock. your computer has one. icon_smile.gif

click on the clock on the bottom right of the computer screen, then click "change date and time settings"

what pops us is how you set your own time zone, but the second tab says additional clocks. You can check the box to add up to 2 more clocks to your computer. You can add whatever timezones worldwide you want.

I have Prague and Karachi time zones because of friends there.

They don't "show up" on you computer, but when you bring your mouse over your time, the other times show up.

Jen80 Posted 3 Aug 2009 , 4:16am
post #16 of 16

Thanks xstitcher and Sox-n-Pats.
Both of those tips are going to come in really handy.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%