New To This. Opening Up An Online Cake Shop.

Business By Sweetsbym Updated 30 Jul 2009 , 9:24pm by Sweetsbym

Sweetsbym Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sweetsbym Posted 30 Jul 2009 , 11:24am
post #1 of 5

Hi icon_biggrin.gif

I will be opening up a made to order online cake shop. I would probably start selling cupcakes, mini cakes and small wedding cakes.

I plan to limit the maximum order for a customer to 50 or 80 pcs (cupcakes and mini cakes) so i can really give out the best of me.

Any Tips and suggestions you care to share? It'll be very much appreciated.

thumbs_up.gif
I'm Baked
XXO
M

4 replies
costumeczar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
costumeczar Posted 30 Jul 2009 , 2:02pm
post #2 of 5

That's an interesting idea...Who are you going to be marketing yourself to? Are you looking for mainly local customers, or are you going to be doing something like birthday cakes across america, where you take orders from out-of-towners to be delivered to people in town? If you're in a college town you could probably make some good money that way if you can get the word out to parents. Lots of birthday orders to be delivered to students. You could also run "exam time specials" for supplying cupcakes for late-night study sessions.

cindy1176 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cindy1176 Posted 30 Jul 2009 , 2:54pm
post #3 of 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by costumeczar

That's an interesting idea...Who are you going to be marketing yourself to? Are you looking for mainly local customers, or are you going to be doing something like birthday cakes across america, where you take orders from out-of-towners to be delivered to people in town? If you're in a college town you could probably make some good money that way if you can get the word out to parents. Lots of birthday orders to be delivered to students. You could also run "exam time specials" for supplying cupcakes for late-night study sessions.

Great ideas!!! I may use this idea (I do live in a college city) when I get my home baking license! Thanks for the question Sweets & the idea costumeczar!

Sweetsbym Posted 30 Jul 2009 , 9:24pm
post #4 of 5
Quote:

Thank you costumeczar. I'm from Philippines by the way and my target would probably be families specifically middle class who are near by my area. I'd like to concentrate on Birthday cupcakes, barbie cakes etc. since not every one here knows how to bake. There's 2 well known bakeshop dominating the whole Philippines. and in my area lucky me the 2 well know bakeshop are here. They dont sell cupcakes though, I dont know if I should really lower my Price than theirs or should I declare really my price range really is. Thanks everyone icon_smile.gif

Sweetsbym Posted 30 Jul 2009 , 9:24pm
post #5 of 5
Quote:

Thank you costumeczar. I'm from Philippines by the way and my target would probably be families specifically middle class who are near by my area. I'd like to concentrate on Birthday cupcakes, barbie cakes etc. since not every one here knows how to bake. There's 2 well known bakeshop dominating the whole Philippines. and in my area lucky me the 2 well know bakeshop are here. They dont sell cupcakes though, I dont know if I should really lower my Price than theirs or should I declare really my price range really is. Thanks everyone icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%