Help! Castle Cake

Decorating By sweetlifecake Updated 30 Jul 2009 , 6:33pm by mscindylou

sweetlifecake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetlifecake Posted 30 Jul 2009 , 10:34am
post #1 of 3

icon_confused.gif How do I make a princess castle cake (for tomorrow!!!)? So far, I have decided that I am going to stack a 4" round on a 6" square for the castle. I'm unsure of how to proceed with the towers. I was thinking of using RCT rolled into log shapes but how should I cover them? The cake will be covered in BC. What about the cone shape of the tower (turret, I think it's called)? It's a small cake so I don't know if ice cream cones would be too big, maybe???
Any help on this one would be greatly appreciated! It's a short notice request and ordinarily I would just say no but the cake is for a little girl who's turning 5 and I just couldn't say no to that. Thanks!

2 replies
renee2007 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
renee2007 Posted 30 Jul 2009 , 11:44am
post #2 of 3

I done a princess castle cake (it's in my pics) and I used ice cream cones glued together with a waffle cone glues to the top. I covered it in buttercream with a #10 or #12 tip and then patted them down to look like stone. I also made a royal icing tiara to put on top. I also did a castle cake for a boy and used rkt for the towers. hth icon_smile.gif

mscindylou Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mscindylou Posted 30 Jul 2009 , 6:33pm
post #3 of 3

My first decorated cake was a castle cake for my daughter's bday last year. I used 9 in square and 6 in round. For the turet I used ice cream cones covered with almond bark. The top code was the sugar cone dipped in candy melts and then covered wth the Wilton sugar. Here is a pic of finished cake. Hope this helps! I'm having problems attaching the pic, but can e-mail it to you if you would like. Just let me know.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%