Police Theme Baby Shower Cake?

Decorating By buggus Updated 31 Jul 2009 , 2:18pm by CrazyCatLady

buggus Posted 30 Jul 2009 , 2:42am
post #1 of 11

Hi there,

Someone has requested that I make a police-themed baby shower cake, as both the parents to be are cops. I'm trying to get some ideas together, but it's hard!! Any ideas or suggestions?

Thanks in advance!

10 replies
Texas_Rose Posted 30 Jul 2009 , 2:51am
post #2 of 11

I think a cake with the baby's butt would be cute...put a police patch on the diaper icon_biggrin.gif

buggus Posted 30 Jul 2009 , 2:11pm
post #3 of 11

that sounds cute, but the person I'm doing the cake for wasn't enthused.

Any other ideas ladies?

Doug Posted 30 Jul 2009 , 2:19pm
post #4 of 11

handcuffed for life -- by love!

handcuffed to your heart(s)

prisoner of love

you've arrested me with you love

DefyGravity Posted 30 Jul 2009 , 2:38pm
post #5 of 11

Can you do a police hat or badge or something, but make it really cartoony?

Or, make a baby carriage and put police lights on it?

buggus Posted 30 Jul 2009 , 2:39pm
post #6 of 11

Hi Doug, it's for a baby shower

Doug Posted 30 Jul 2009 , 3:02pm
post #7 of 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by buggus

Hi Doug, it's for a baby shower

yes, I know..

what - they're not going to be ga-ga in love with the baby?

mom's heart (dad's too) is not going to be forever handcuffed to that child?

they're not going to be stopped in their tracks (arrested) by this new little bundle of wonder and mayhem (what child isn't!)?

or imprisoned by the diapers, the feedings, the....(see mayhem comment above)

as well as held prisoner by their love for the child.

and come to think of it a crib DOES look like a little baby holding cell and once that kid gets agile enough who hasn't wished they could just handcuff the kid in the crib to keep them in bed ALL night!)

there -- make a crib cake -- but all black crib with nice think bars. heart-shaped padlock...Baby Holding Cell.

dldbrou Posted 30 Jul 2009 , 11:15pm
post #8 of 11

A long time ago there was a movie called "Please don't eat the Daisies". In it there was a baby that stayed in a playpen that was closed on all sides with a lock on the gate.

I was thinking you could make a wooden playpen, with a baby inside with jailer clothes on.

SuzyNoQ Posted 31 Jul 2009 , 1:19pm
post #9 of 11

What about a police car in pastels with pink and blue lights, and instead of the department name on the side put congrats/welcome baby.

buggus Posted 31 Jul 2009 , 1:55pm
post #10 of 11

Thannks everyone for replying. The client has decided she likes the baby carriage with the siren, she decided she didn't want it "too" police themed..lol

Thanks Doug for clarifying. I can see your point now regarding the loving the baby. I read it like you thought I meant for a bridal shower cake.

CrazyCatLady Posted 31 Jul 2009 , 2:18pm
post #11 of 11

I've seen a couple of really great tool belt cakes on here filled with baby items for a shower. You could make a duty belt instead.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%