Now This Is Really Planning Ahead!

Business By costumeczar Updated 30 Jul 2009 , 5:10pm by LaBellaFlor

costumeczar Posted 29 Jul 2009 , 11:16pm
post #1 of 7

I have a client whose wedding cake I did, and several smaller ones after that. She refers a lot of people to me, etc etc. Needless to say, I REALLY like her! icon_biggrin.gif

So I got an email from her husband, saying that he wanted to arrange her 40th birthday cake, and that the date was in June of 2013. icon_confused.gif I assumed it was a typo, and emailed him back about it, but no, it IS 2013 that he needs the cake, he's just afraid that he'll forget to call me and I'll get booked up if he waits! I told him that I'd put it on my calendar (imaginary at this point) and that he could call me 6 months out. I just thought it was funny that he's so nervous about her not getting the cake that she wants that he'd call me four years ahead of time! He's either super-considerate or terrified of her wrath if he gets her a Walmart cake!

6 replies
Texas_Rose Posted 29 Jul 2009 , 11:24pm
post #2 of 7

That's really cute and sweet that he's so worried he'll forget.

And now you can say that your customers love your cakes so much that some of them book 4 years in advance!!!

indydebi Posted 29 Jul 2009 , 11:25pm
post #3 of 7

wow, and I thought I had one that was out there when I got one from a bride who is getting married 12-12-12 (which is on a Wed, so that REALLY confused me!)

Carolynlovescake Posted 30 Jul 2009 , 4:58am
post #4 of 7

You could always add the tag line on your site of "booking orders into 2013" because seriously if you advertise it people will start thinking your cakes are so great that you are busy enough to book 4 years in advance.

Honestly, I'd go to my google account and make a note of that date on my google calendar. That way it's documented and you have a reference of it because what would happen if 3 years and 5 months come to pass and you over book that date... icon_lol.gif

JaimeAnn Posted 30 Jul 2009 , 5:29am
post #5 of 7

I collect custom knives and some of the knife makers have 5-10 year waiting lists...

Wouldn't it be cool to have such a demand that you had to book that far in advance for cake...

Bride : I am having a June wedding and would like to book early.
Cake designer: Ok well I can fit you in for June of 2019.

icon_eek.gificon_surprised.gificon_lol.gif

costumeczar Posted 30 Jul 2009 , 1:19pm
post #6 of 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolynGwen

Honestly, I'd go to my google account and make a note of that date on my google calendar. That way it's documented and you have a reference of it because what would happen if 3 years and 5 months come to pass and you over book that date... icon_lol.gif

I already printed out his email and filed it at the back of my orders so that it will sit there for the next 4 years! I would totally forget about it if I didn't have a concrete reminder.

LaBellaFlor Posted 30 Jul 2009 , 5:10pm
post #7 of 7

There are some decorators & other types of vendors that book out that far in advance. I think its cute he wants to make sure his wife gets what she wants.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%