Will This Be Stable Enough?

Decorating By QueenOfSweets Updated 30 Jul 2009 , 3:31pm by QueenOfSweets

QueenOfSweets Posted 29 Jul 2009 , 7:48pm
post #1 of 2

I have a bride who's booked a wedding cake with me. The main cake is a three-tier 6-8-10 square set over a fountain. The main cake will have to be on a 16" plate in order for my fountain to fit underneath, and she wants to use the 13 1/2" Wilton arched pillars. I've talked with her at length about what a 10" cake sitting on a 16" plate will look like, but she's adamant that's what she wants and won't budge. There will also be three 6" square satellite cakes. Each of the satellite cakes will be on 8" plates with the 4 1/2" arched pillars to elevate them. The kicker is that she wants the main cake and each of the satellite cakes to be on mirror tiles, but she doesn't want to see the bottom plate - she wants to see only the mirror. I'm wondering if I can use epoxy to attach the bottom of each plastic pillar to the mirror permanently, then put the top plate on for a single-plate construction. Will that be sturdy enough if the cake is set up at the reception site and never moved? Or should I insist that a two-plate method be used and she'll have to deal with covering the white plates with flowers or something else? Basically, she wants these cakes elevated but doesn't want to see a bottom plate on top of the mirror.

Do any of you have any thoughts on the epoxy idea or any other ideas for me? I'd appreciate any help!

1 reply
QueenOfSweets Posted 30 Jul 2009 , 3:31pm
post #2 of 2

No ideas, opinions or thoughts??????

Quote by @%username% on %date%