How Do I Make Figures Out Of Fondant? Please Help! Thanks :)

Decorating By Neidalee15 Updated 2 Aug 2009 , 11:46pm by indydebi

Neidalee15 Posted 29 Jul 2009 , 7:42pm
post #1 of 7

I would like to make a pregnant woman figure out of fondant. Can anyone please help me.

Please check out

What do I put in the inside to keep it from falling apart?

6 replies
Sugarflowers Posted 29 Jul 2009 , 8:13pm
post #2 of 7

There are figure modeling books available at craft stores that might give you some guidance. The supports are usually toothpicks or spaghetti.

You might want to consider using 1/2 gumpaste and 1/2 fondant. This will give you a little more working time but also allows the pieces to set up more quickly. This prevents the sagging problem that can happen when putting pieces together.

bashini Posted 29 Jul 2009 , 9:26pm
post #3 of 7

Hi, I totaly agree with sugarflower. You need to mix 50/50 gumpaste and fondant. I highly recommend aine2. She has few online tutorials which you can buy and there are some free too. She does classes in USA. Here are link to her blog and to her website.

HTH. icon_smile.gifthumbs_up.gif

ninatat Posted 29 Jul 2009 , 10:06pm
post #4 of 7

u can go on u-tube they have alot of videos, and how to make people and figures and then you can just add a tummy

ninatat Posted 2 Aug 2009 , 11:07pm
post #5 of 7

oh forgot to tell you i've made fondant characters, like tela tubbies and there buts got really big, you might want to go 50/50

shelli72 Posted 2 Aug 2009 , 11:24pm
post #6 of 7

I found great videos on You tube, I would check it out.

indydebi Posted 2 Aug 2009 , 11:46pm
post #7 of 7

Not sure if this is what you are looking for, but I saw a demo on this technique at a local ICES meeting. Making figures by using gumballs as the center. Not as much fondant/gumpaste is needed and they dry faster.

I found an article on line:

Quote by @%username% on %date%